The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Domain + Hosting? Confused

Hi. Just to pipe in I would recommend a VPS if you have budget for it.
Cheap hosting has a tendency to crash at the worst possible time maybe resulting in you losing commissions/sales.
Charles Ngo recommends LiquidWeb who start at $50 a month.

Another point that needs to be made is that "cheaper" doesn't mean "better". I've analyzed the business plans of a LOT of web hosts and LiquidWeb is one of the good ones. They're service performs very well and they back it up with high-quality service. Their pricing reflects that.

GoDaddy (mentioned by the OP) is popular because they do an extreme amount of advertising. They're a well-known brand. This doesn't mean that they have good service or good support, unfortunately.

Hope this helps.

Don't put the eggs in one basket, choose Domain registrar and hosting provider separately.
When it comes to hosting I prefer to deal with time-tested and trusted ones like Libertyvps.net

Their hosting packages include a full list of features that provides everything you need plus plenty of room for growth.

I used siteground for all my campaign. I usually do a generic domain and assign unique subdomain to that generic domain works perfect so far :) Siteground has 24/7 support team and been there for many years already. So far very satisfied with them..

Last edited:
Do not go with Godaddy as there server are not much efficient .. Last time I purchased there hosting plan for single website (Linux hosting) but there server don't perform good when we install few plugins.

GoDaddy isn't good at treating their customers so I suggest you to use NameCheap for domains.
Well for hosting Hostwinds is one of the best hosts out there, let me know if you need a coupon to try first month for 99% discount.

Does it actually matter if the hoster is in another country than the targetgroup you're aiming for? For example, hostingcompany in the US, but my website is targeted at UK with a .co.UK-extension?

I used siteground for all my campaign. I usually do a generic domain and assign unique subdomain to that generic domain works perfect so far :) Siteground has 24/7 support team and been there for many years already. So far very satisfied with them..

Hey there!
I am also thinking of using Siteground for my campaigns. I know a lot of people recommend going for a VPS, but I have had good support from Siteground so far for my Wordpress site, and was thinking maybe I should continue with them. Do the websites through them load fast enough? Are you still happy with them? How do you create your landing pages, and which domain registrar do you use?

I am just starting off in affiliate marketing, so inputs would help a lot :)

Load where in Paris, Tokyo or New York? You ask a question with no real answer ...
One registar I have started using is namesilo. But if you only have a few names to renew what is the real difference -- price wise? None. Registrars are really a commodity. The difference is what services you need. I like namesilo because you can use their DNS nameservers to propagate your domain server (IPs) into the DNS network. -- fast.

Also with all the new gTLDs available you may need several registrars as now one sells all extentions -- So again, you can't get a pat answer only an opinion about a particular registrar.

Last edited:
Hey there!
I am also thinking of using Siteground for my campaigns. I know a lot of people recommend going for a VPS, but I have had good support from Siteground so far for my Wordpress site, and was thinking maybe I should continue with them. Do the websites through them load fast enough? Are you still happy with them? How do you create your landing pages, and which domain registrar do you use?

I am just starting off in affiliate marketing, so inputs would help a lot :)
Stay with your current hosting provider if there's no any problem cause to you. You just need to upgrade to the higher plan in the future or switch to another provider if the current resources don't meet your requirements.

Stay with your current hosting provider if there's no any problem cause to you. You just need to upgrade to the higher plan in the future or switch to another provider if the current resources don't meet your requirements.

Thanks a lot! Feel better now. I was a bit scared that I have to understand and manage this whole VPS thing now...given that there is already so much to learn, I am trying to at least start with what I know ;)

MI
Back