The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Domain + Hosting? Confused

harvey6032

Hi I am about to register to a particular network, I am ask about my landing page. Yes, i've read that in the forums that you'd need domain and hosting. Here are my questions though:

1. Would godaddy be okay for this? or is there any cheaper web hosting provider online since I am new and I'm still on the experimenting stage.
2. Would I need 1 specific landing page for each campaigns? Would it be 1 domain and hosting per 1 campaign?

Thanks everyone.

1. Would godaddy be okay for this? or is there any cheaper web hosting provider online since I am new and I'm still on the experimenting stage.
go with hostwinds if you are newbie they are good for you.

2. Would I need 1 specific landing page for each campaigns? Would it be 1 domain and hosting per 1 campaign?
nope you can use many landing pages for each campaign and you can make them all hosted in one hosting using one domain name .

i really encourage you to learn the basics before you start any thing .
i suggest you go through this guide
What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE)

any problem let us know .

nope you can use many landing pages for each campaign and you can make them all hosted in one hosting using one domain name .

Yup, I've read that section already. And im reading it over and over again for me to understand if not all the details written.

An update: I have already been approved at Maxbounty and called my Affiliate Manager. I have also read the link you've shared to me. I am just a bit confused. How do I use multiple landing page on 1 single domain. I think you ade mention that in the previous comment. Thanks

An update: I have already been approved at Maxbounty and called my Affiliate Manager. I have also read the link you've shared to me. I am just a bit confused. How do I use multiple landing page on 1 single domain. I think you ade mention that in the previous comment. Thanks

When you upload your landing pages you upload them to separate directories.

Example: www.yourlandingpage.com

Landing page 1: www.yourlandingpage.com/landingpage1

Landing page 2: www.yourlandingpage.com/landingpage2

Then if you a lander in the same category as landingpage1 you can do this:

Landing page 1, lander 2: www.yourlandingpage.com/landingpage1/lander2

You do this in your ftp client.

When you upload your landing pages you upload them to separate directories.

Example: www.yourlandingpage.com

Landing page 1: www.yourlandingpage.com/landingpage1

Landing page 2: www.yourlandingpage.com/landingpage2

Then if you a lander in the same category as landingpage1 you can do this:

Landing page 1, lander 2: www.yourlandingpage.com/landingpage1/lander2

You do this in your ftp client.
Okay thanks :) i somehow get the logic of using one domain name for different landing pages.

Hi Harvey,

I'd recommend you to use Hostgator as your web hosting since they give you a lot of features at low price. I've already used it for 9 years without any problem.

And yes, for each campaign the best is to use 1 specific landing page. But you don't need 1 different domain and hosting per campaign, you can use subdomains of your main domain name and you just need 1 hosting that can manage multiple domain names.

Hi Harvey,

I'd recommend you to use Hostgator as your web hosting since they give you a lot of features at low price. I've already used it for 9 years without any problem.

And yes, for each campaign the best is to use 1 specific landing page. But you don't need 1 different domain and hosting per campaign, you can use subdomains of your main domain name and you just need 1 hosting that can manage multiple domain names.
Thanks for the reply, i have checked hostgator and im confused what plan should i avail. Would the "Baby Plan"work? It says unlimited domain. While the "Hatchling Plan" says Single Domain.

Thanks for the reply, i have checked hostgator and im confused what plan should i avail. Would the "Baby Plan"work? It says unlimited domain. While the "Hatchling Plan" says Single Domain.
am telling you go with hostwinds cus i have tried them all

Choose the business plan, since it's the complete package. Unlimited domains mean that you can add all domain names you want to that hosting service, that's what I mean when I said that you don't need multiple hosting accounts for your domain names.

Choose the business plan, since it's the complete package. Unlimited domains mean that you can add all domain names you want to that hosting service, that's what I mean when I said that you don't need multiple hosting accounts for your domain names.

I have already chosen and bookmarked a campaign already. I just do have a concern regrding domain and hosting. Im still confused about campaigns you could just use a single domain. Because for your other campaigns you could try makinga subdomain. If this case is right, what should I name my domain name?

For example im advertising and my nicheis "coupon codes" if i were to decide id name my domain name as paradise-codes.com

But what if I add another campaign, what should I do? Would I subscribe to another plan and reguster anew domain?

If you choose paradise-codes.com you can use subdomains for another campaigns if the campaign is similar.

But lets say that is not similar and it's a totally different campaign, in this case I'd recommend to register a domain name that you can use for a lot of campaigns. For example an invented word, like harvey6032.com

And then if you create more campaigns (even if they're not related) you can create subdomains name like this:

iphoneoffer.harvey6032.com
followers.harvey6032.com
dating.harvey6032.com

and so on...

In this way, you don't need to spend in a new domain name each time you build a new campaign.

Here is a video that explains how to create subdomains in cPanel

And here is a tool Business Name Generator - Free Company Name Generator that I recommend you to use if you don't know what domain name use. It's a domain name generator, it's free and you just need to type a word and it's going to show you a list of all domain names that are available and that you can use.

If you choose paradise-codes.com you can use subdomains for another campaigns if the campaign is similar.

But lets say that is not similar and it's a totally different campaign, in this case I'd recommend to register a domain name that you can use for a lot of campaigns. For example an invented word, like harvey6032.com

And then if you create more campaigns (even if they're not related) you can create subdomains name like this:

iphoneoffer.harvey6032.com
followers.harvey6032.com
dating.harvey6032.com

and so on...

In this way, you don't need to spend in a new domain name each time you build a new campaign.

Here is a video that explains how to create subdomains in cPanel

And here is a tool Business Name Generator - Free Company Name Generator that I recommend you to use if you don't know what domain name use. It's a domain name generator, it's free and you just need to type a word and it's going to show you a list of all domain names that are available and that you can use.

Finally, thanks for this. Now it is clear to me. Can I just use the default landing pages the campaign provides with this one?

No, I don't have VPS for now. I have only a webhosting from Hostgator. And about tracking, I don't use anything yet but I only use Google Analytics.

Hi. Just to pipe in I would recommend a VPS if you have budget for it.
Cheap hosting has a tendency to crash at the worst possible time maybe resulting in you losing commissions/sales.
Charles Ngo recommends LiquidWeb who start at $50 a month.

banners
Back