The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Domain aging or site aging?

temi

affiliate
At another forum I participated in a post about domain aging. It is generally accepted that the older a domain is, the easier it is to do SEO for it (the so called domain aging factor), another poster said its actually site rather than domain i.e. even if your domain is 4 years old but it has never been online as a website, it will be treated like a new domain that was registered yesterday should it go online. Can anyone confirm or deny this assertion?

I agree the the guy, if you have a domain for 4 years and you did not hosting it, it will be treated as a new domain name when you finally put online. If you register a good domain name, you can put it on a free hosting server for the time been.

I would say both, if you have a domain which has been registered but not used I'd expect it to perform better than a brand new domain. But at the same time the age of inbound links is very important so if you've had a site running for a couple of years with some good links pointing to it the rankings should be much better.

banners
Back