The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Does every business need a blog or website?

Whether we like it or not, these days a blog or website is needful if a business wants to grow. Even if the business is small and local they should have at least a one page site with information about their business including a telephone number and address. This benefits them and their customers.

I don't think a business needs a blog or a website but a blog or a website would surely help the business grow viral and also would give the business a much greater chance for potential clients. All this, of course, if it is built and managed properly.

I agree that most businesses nowadays should probably have a website that is easy to access via search engine for their current customers, or potential customers. It definitely appears more professional, and makes research more easy. Companies that do not have websites these days tend to fall on the back burner. Unless you're a mom and pop business and known locally, then I think it is important to have a website or blog.

I agree with you. An internet presence has become an essential part of doing business even if the business never sells or even actively markets online. Something as simple as a small-town restaurant, even... They might not need anything complex, but having a website where potential customers can view a menu, check operating hours, and get the phone number to call in a take-out order is going to boost sales, and a Facebook account promoting daily specials, special events, and new menu items can create that "craving" that will get a customer through the door.

I think every business can benefit from a website. A smaller business can benefit from a very simple website because this will bring in new customers. Many people will search for what they want online, and by not having a website a business will miss out on those potential customers. Like someone else mentioned, even if they business just has a well done Facebook page that may be enough, but I think there should be some online presence for every business.

A website, blog or even a facebook page is almost mandatory to expand in today's market. Most people have a reliable connection to the internet so maintaining a well designed, easy to read website, blog or FaceBook page provides an easy way to connect to audiences around the world. Also, online media provides a easy way to share information (such as phone numbers, emails, the address) and can be used to potentially set up an online shop.

Considering it costs only around $10 to get a domain name, I do not see why you should not have a website.

Every business should have a website in my opinion, it costs very little.

I agree that twitter and/ or facebook, youtube, pinterest are all acceptable options. Really, you just need some place to go for people to find out more. For example, if you owned a banana stand, a facebook account would probably be sufficient to keep your customers informed on sales and promotions, etc. Having an email list is another option. Of course, when you combine all these options, the more you do, most likely will be more success.

With so many people using the internet as a means of communication and with the social media generation, then I think a website for your business is essential. It allows people from all over the world to see your site and what you offer, and will bring in more customers.

Honestly, this is a great question and there are a lot of people with good tips on this thread. I think a blog and website is not absolutely necessary, but when people figure out that you only have a Facebook or Twitter page, it strikes them as unprofessional, so it will be unlikely for them to return to your business. A blog and website is also another means of potential customers, a lot of people use the internet to find out specific stores or businesses they can visit.

MI
Back