The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Does Blogspot still worth to compete in Google search?

Abdul Mupit

affiliate
Hi, i have a question about reliability of blogspot now a day.

I really curious, does blogspot still have power to compete with other platform in search engine?

If SEO really care about content originality, good structural, good keyword targeting, good article that give answer for people or give they wanted. I think it still possible to rank with blogspot, right?

Good content = good domain/page authority, right?

And last, what is thin content? Short article or the article should have minimum words? Because i haven't found specifically about thin content that Google mean.

If SEO really care about content originality, good structural, good keyword targeting, good article that give answer for people or give they wanted. I think it still possible to rank with blogspot, right?

Yes, I agree with that.

The true meaning about "thin content" still is related to the "good content" you mentioned. So by "thin", Google means thin in value and not in lenght or size.

An article made of just sentences putted altogether just to cover some keywords, may be of 10000 words, but it is definitely "thin" :D

EDIT:
ALSO,
by "value" we mean the effective usefulness of the article for the user that reads it.

That's what I think: primary goal of Google algorythm is to make sure that the user is satisfied with the result provided by Google itself.
So if Google thinks that your "few words article" still contains enough information that is good for the user, it will rank it good.

Last edited:
You can rank any web content top of Google if its legal and enough people use it

If you are serious about SEO then you are not using Blogspot

Yes, I agree with that.

The true meaning about "thin content" still is related to the "good content" you mentioned. So by "thin", Google means thin in value and not in lenght or size.

An article made of just sentences putted altogether just to cover some keywords, may be of 10000 words, but it is definitely "thin" :D

EDIT:
ALSO,
by "value" we mean the effective usefulness of the article for the user that reads it.

That's what I think: primary goal of Google algorythm is to make sure that the user is satisfied with the result provided by Google itself.
So if Google thinks that your "few words article" still contains enough information that is good for the user, it will rank it good.

Your answer is make sense.

So, Google don't care about how much words in the article. But, it's back to user experience. While user like our short content and straight to the point that what they are looking at, user will like it and it's a signal to tell google if our content is good and rellevant, right?

So, SEO master out there that recommend newbie to make thousand words in the article is not absolutely right, isn't? Because every people have their limitations to write an article.

You can rank any web content top of Google if its legal and enough people use it

If you are serious about SEO then you are not using Blogspot

Yes, absolutely i am using wordpress. But, i just really curious about Blogspot.

Also why Google still maintains blogspot if people choose better platform such wp, wix, etc.

blogger platform is not inferior in competing with other platforms such as wordpress or others. they also updated their interface to be cleaner and easier to understand for beginners

So, SEO master out there that recommend newbie to make thousand words in the article is not absolutely right, isn't? Because every people have their limitations to write an article.

My theory its could be when Google Bot finds new web content that meets quality guidelines it displays web content to percentage (1%) of users, and looks for bounce rate, time on site, number of page views, was search repeated or not? I don't know how to prove this theory but its logical

My theory its could be when Google Bot finds new web content that meets quality guidelines it displays web content to percentage (1%) of users, and looks for bounce rate, time on site, number of page views, was search repeated or not? I don't know how to prove this theory but its logical

I agree with you about what you said. I think so, if user have a good experience on our website/blog it will be a good signal for Google that people like to stay longer in our website.

And maybe that's the reason why Google have a product such as Google Analytic and Google Search Console to collect data from user that visitting our website.

banners
Back