The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Do you prefer to run offers direct or through a smartlink?

Tyler Revolution

affiliate
Curious to see peoples thoughts on this.

I know the pro's and con's of each but I want to get feelers out about which method most affiliates prefer and why.

Tyler S Clements
Affiliate Manager

skype/tyler@revolutionforce.com

I think it's hard to get one common opinion from all the affiliates, as they all have different methods, and for some it is more logical to use single offers, for some - Smartlink. As for a website with mixed traffic, sure you'd use Smartlink, and if you are purchasing traffic and can set the targeting, it makes more sense to work with SO.

Still, also curious to see what others say :)

For SEO I like to use a smartlink that let me setup geo targeting. but only if I have a offer for multiple country's and I like to use a smartlink in combination with SEO for when the offer expires and LP still get traffic this way you still have more chance on converting the old LP then letting the old LP go to waist.

This might sound silly but what do you mean when you say Smartlink?
Is this specific to a network or just a term referring to a type of link?

Smartlink is a type of link that can be used to send people to specific offer and landing pages depending on the country they come from. Normally you use a script for it but this need hosting and know how to use.

Certain cpa networks like ogads has smartlinks in their dashboard that you can use to monetize the traffic you are receiving.

P.S the only silly question is a question not asked. The more you ask the more you learn.

Smartlink is a type of link that can be used to send people to specific offer and landing pages depending on the country they come from. Normally you use a script for it but this need hosting and know how to use.

Certain cpa networks like ogads has smartlinks in their dashboard that you can use to monetize the traffic you are receiving.

Thanks for the reply, cleared that up :D

I joined Mobidea earlier and just noticed they have something like that, not had a proper chance to look into everything there yet though.

I joined Mobidea earlier and just noticed they have something like that, not had a proper chance to look into everything there yet though.

No problem glad I could help. I just looked into Mobidea and seems a nice network and on the frontpage they have stated they are using Smartlinks so this also a nice feature.

Just to let you know, make sure to look at both the pros and cons of using Smartlinks and go from that. If you are person who likes to have full control of what offers that appear on your LP then don't use a Smartlink and use a geo redirect script.

If you don't have time to optimize for the best offers and you don't mind what type of offers appear on your LP then go and use the Smartlink feature.

True, we have a Smartlink, and not only one. There are 4 of them: Mainstream CPA, Mainstream CPI, Adult and Incentive.

Basically it is an algorithm that determines where your user comes from (which GEO, operator, device, OS) and shows the offer with the highest eCPM (average earnings per 1000 impressions). With the Smartlink you can monetize all your traffic!

Feel free to contact our support for more information :)

Last edited:
banners
Back