The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Do you prefer Cash over Gift Cards?

shellyann36

I work alot of sites and most of them pay cash. I would rather have cash but if a site only offers giftbcards and they are fairly easy to obtain I don't mind working the site. Some sites even offer both but I will more than likely lean toward the cash unless a particular gift card that I am interested in is cheaper for me. For example, I love Swagbucks. Swagbucks offers multiple ways to earn and they offer several prizes. I have found that I get more bang out of my buck if I work for $5 Amazon gift cards. The $5 Amazon gift cards sell for 450 Swagbucks while a $25 Paypal cashout takes 2500 Swagbucks. I am getting the Amazon gift cards cheaper so I opt for that option and use it toward Christmas gifts for my family.

What about you? If the site only offers gift cards do you just skip it or are you an equal opportunity earner?

I am an equal opportunity earner if the price is right! ;)

I usually prefer getting cash. If a site pays via PayPal then I jump in and start working there because I can always use my PayPal balance to buy stuff or just transfer the money to my bank account. If a site doesn't pay via PayPal but offers Amazon gift cards then I also jump in. I buy a lot from Amazon so I don't really mind getting a few bucks there

I prefer cash over gifts as well, it gives greater freedom on the way we want the money spent. However, gift cards are not that bad either, provided the gifts are of use to me. I have gotten some pretty cool stuff doing surveys online - headphones, books, bags - those were amazing. But still, given a choice, I'd always opt for cash.

I prefer cash over gifts as well, it gives greater freedom on the way we want the money spent. However, gift cards are not that bad either, provided the gifts are of use to me. I have gotten some pretty cool stuff doing surveys online - headphones, books, bags - those were amazing. But still, given a choice, I'd always opt for cash.

Thank you Eudora13 for replying. I lean more toward cash but will jump on giftcards. I have been given things to test for surveys. Is that what you mean? I have tested shampoos, conditioners, ice cream, lotions, and a few other objects for surveys. I really need to check back in with my sites that offer items to test. Thanks for reminding me.

I usually prefer getting cash. If a site pays via PayPal then I jump in and start working there because I can always use my PayPal balance to buy stuff or just transfer the money to my bank account. If a site doesn't pay via PayPal but offers Amazon gift cards then I also jump in. I buy a lot from Amazon so I don't really mind getting a few bucks there

Thanks protoboard for answering. I feel you about jumping into sites that offer PayPal. PayPal is such a useful tool and I am a little leary of sites that don't offer the option. I am also a big Amazon gc lover as well. It makes it easy to shop for things for my family if I get Amazon gc's.

It depends on the site. If it has gift cards for sites I can use in my country I will choose them because it's easy and anonymous. Cash often takes longer to get and as I have to buy a lot of stuff from certain sites anyway gift cards are a good deal.

As everyone here, I also prefer cash over gift cards. Many gift cards are based on US online stores and thus redeeming gift cards is a difficult task for Asian people including me.

I usually prefer cash, but as long as the gift card selection includes places that I'd shop anyway I don't let that steer me away from sites that otherwise look like they have good potential. Amazon isn't one that I shop much, so I'm not a big fan of redeeming there, but like you if that is a preferred or advantageous cash-out method I'll just collect the gift cards until it is time for holiday shopping or until I need some random little thing (like the new charging/data cable I just bought for my tablet) that is cheaper through Amazon than on any other site I shop.

As everyone here, I also prefer cash over gift cards. Many gift cards are based on US online stores and thus redeeming gift cards is a difficult task for Asian people including me.

I know what you are saying. I live in Mexico and that's why I prefer cash. The reason I like Amazon gift cards if because that store ships wordwide (for most of the products this is true) and from time to time I can find things I want there at real low prices.

If a site pays with gift cards for any other store I don't even bother trying to grab it.

I definitely prefer cash over gift cards. Gift cards are nice if the stores are local and offer a wide variety of stock, but if it's just a gift card for a clothing store, or even Amazon in which things would have to be shipped, I'd just much rather be paid by PayPal or another source of cash payment.

I prefer to received cash of course over gift cards. I am not really into getting gift cards as much as possible because I want to received cash either send it to my PayPal account or by cheque.

Paypal is preferred whenever possible. I often forget about gift cards and have probably forgotten/lost hundreds of dollars by now (from presents).

I commonly take cash with much credence rather that gift cards when I work for nay site. In the effect that gift cards have limited validity time and shopping areas, I prefer cash due to its flexibility. Yet before I settle on agreeing for cash payment, I will also consider their mode of payment, if their payment mode is through pay pal is always quick to accept as through this way I can transfer the money to my private accounts or use it to conduct other money needing activities. I will also not reject their offer for gift cards if at all the cards are authorizing me to shop on my favorite stores or shops.

I always prefer cash that can be spent anywhere. So bank transfer (like you have to do with mTurk unless you opt for a giftcard), paypal, Visa gift cards, checks...anything like that is fine. I prefer paypal though cause it's usually the fastest payment option. Bank transfers take a few days and checks take a while to get to you.

Under that my second choice is amazon gift cards. Amazon has almost everything in the world so you can buy just about anything there. So it's almost as good as cash. To me at least. lol

If a site doesn't offer cash or Amazon, I usually won't mess with it much. When I come across new sites I'll usually try them out to see if they're scams or not so I can blog about it...but then after getting the gift card or item I usually don't mess with the site much after that.

I prefer getting cash more rather than gift cards. The gift cards are nearly useless to me due to my location. Even if I get something for free I will still have to pay for shipping. At least with cash I can spend the money on things that I may need locally. Unlike most, the money that I earn online is used to survive. Many other people use it for fun. When there is no cash option, chances are I won't even bother to apply or sign up for the job.

I much prefer cash to gift cards, although currently the only websites which I use pay out only in cash, so it's not really a dilemma I have to face. I just find that cash is much more useful, because I can use it for day-to-day living costs and it can be spent anywhere.

I also prefer cash over gift cards. I don't typically use sites that only offer gift cards. The only exception would be Amazon, but it has been quite some time since I have been on sites with Amazon. While I can and do use Amazon for necessities, and I have been disciplined about not going on shopping sprees (insofar as one can with a $5 or $10 gift card!), cash is still preferable.

Lately, I have put all my focus on sites that pay cash either by PayPal or direct deposit. For me, it's more than worth the extra effort to find these cash-only sites and put my earning efforts there.

MI
Back