The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Do you prefer Cash over Gift Cards?

Personally, I prefer to receive cash over giftcards any time as you can spend cash in a lot more places and generally pick up some pretty cheap bargains. However, when you order a giftcard you can only use it in one shop! I also might not like the giftcards offered which can be quite annoying as I will have to try and sell the giftcard on! I guess it comes down to how much bang you get for your buck like you said!

Thank you Eudora13 for replying. I lean more toward cash but will jump on giftcards. I have been given things to test for surveys. Is that what you mean? I have tested shampoos, conditioners, ice cream, lotions, and a few other objects for surveys. I really need to check back in with my sites that offer items to test. Thanks for reminding me.

No Shellyann, I don't mean surveys that let you test samples. I'm talking of ones where you can earn points, and later trade that for a gift card from Amazon, Flipkart or something like that. Others give you more specific cards, which allows buying of very specific items.
As for testing samples, I never get stuff like shampoos and creams! The only time I tried this I was given to try out tea and coffee. Now while I love coffee (and hate tea!), I found it rather useless to spend time filling surveys only to receive tea bags in exchange!

Personally, I prefer to receive cash over giftcards any time as you can spend cash in a lot more places and generally pick up some pretty cheap bargains. However, when you order a giftcard you can only use it in one shop! I also might not like the giftcards offered which can be quite annoying as I will have to try and sell the giftcard on! I guess it comes down to how much bang you get for your buck like you said!

The best bang for your buck is so true. I too prefer cash but I will take amazon gc's over the cash if I can get better usage out of my points. Thanks for replying!

No Shellyann, I don't mean surveys that let you test samples. I'm talking of ones where you can earn points, and later trade that for a gift card from Amazon, Flipkart or something like that. Others give you more specific cards, which allows buying of very specific items.
As for testing samples, I never get stuff like shampoos and creams! The only time I tried this I was given to try out tea and coffee. Now while I love coffee (and hate tea!), I found it rather useless to spend time filling surveys only to receive tea bags in exchange!

I will have to check out this Flipkart. If you have a referral send me a link in a message here. :)

Yes I do. Why wouldn't you prefer cash over gift cards? You're limited to using the gift cards wherever the card is for, and cash you can use it anywhere.

Yes I do. Why wouldn't you prefer cash over gift cards? You're limited to using the gift cards wherever the card is for, and cash you can use it anywhere.

There are some gift cards that have the Visa logo on it, so you can use it anywhere. I still wouldn't want one over cash, but that would at least make it palatable.

I work alot of sites and most of them pay cash. I would rather have cash but if a site only offers giftbcards and they are fairly easy to obtain I don't mind working the site. Some sites even offer both but I will more than likely lean toward the cash unless a particular gift card that I am interested in is cheaper for me. For example, I love Swagbucks. Swagbucks offers multiple ways to earn and they offer several prizes. I have found that I get more bang out of my buck if I work for $5 Amazon gift cards. The $5 Amazon gift cards sell for 450 Swagbucks while a $25 Paypal cashout takes 2500 Swagbucks. I am getting the Amazon gift cards cheaper so I opt for that option and use it toward Christmas gifts for my family.

What about you? If the site only offers gift cards do you just skip it or are you an equal opportunity earner?

I am an equal opportunity earner if the price is right! ;)

Yes, I would would choose gift cards over cash if it's a more viable option like in the case of Swagbucks, but I don't like to use Swagbucks because of this same reason. I prefer to work at sites which would offer me cash, but the Amazon gift cards I can find some use for occasionally.

I prefer cash, but I also don't mind gift cards. Swagbucks is also one of my favorite sites. I like to cash in my points for the $5 Amazon gift cards. I am also using them towards Christmas. I really like sites that deposit cash directly to your Paypal account. Gift cards are nice but sometimes I may need my extra cash to go towards a bill or for a special event.

I prefer cash, but I also don't mind gift cards. Swagbucks is also one of my favorite sites. I like to cash in my points for the $5 Amazon gift cards. I am also using them towards Christmas. I really like sites that deposit cash directly to your Paypal account. Gift cards are nice but sometimes I may need my extra cash to go towards a bill or for a special event.

Yes I am saving up all of my $5 giftcards from Amazon for Christmas this year. I like the fact that Swagbucks gives you the online version of the card instead of having to wait for a card in the mail. PayPal is still tops for me but with the bang for the buck over at SB's Amazon is king.

I definitely prefer cash, but I lived in Ireland so gift card sites aren't that good for me. I'm a bit annoyed that I can't register with Amazon Murk in this country :(. I'm finding lots of sites only accept certain countries.

So sorry you have problems finding sites that are available in your country. Have you tried Bubblews?

I always prefer cash over gift cards due to the fact that I find it hard to redeem gift cards here in my country. We're not really locally supported by most shops and stores that's why there's no point for me to use gift cards. Besides, I don't really use the money I earn to buy stuff because I'm still on investing mode right now. I invest on local mutual funds, and treasury bonds so that my money will continue to grow and I may be able to retire comfortably when the time comes. :)

I would much rather work for cash, but if there is no option, the gift cards are welcome. Since gift cards can be limiting, I often give the away as gifts to my relatives - that's what they are for, right? But if you want to make me work for your site, give me cash.

I always prefer cash over gift cards due to the fact that I find it hard to redeem gift cards here in my country. We're not really locally supported by most shops and stores that's why there's no point for me to use gift cards. Besides, I don't really use the money I earn to buy stuff because I'm still on investing mode right now. I invest on local mutual funds, and treasury bonds so that my money will continue to grow and I may be able to retire comfortably when the time comes. :)

I understand what you are saying and good for you for investing your earnings!

I would much rather work for cash, but if there is no option, the gift cards are welcome. Since gift cards can be limiting, I often give the away as gifts to my relatives - that's what they are for, right? But if you want to make me work for your site, give me cash.

Oh yes the gc's can be great gifts for relatives to be sure. I have given my kids a few of them during my earning time online. It helps out in a pinch when a bday gift is needed as well.

I prefer money for sure, but I don't mind gift cards if I can spend them easily. But nothing like money on the bank to spend wherever I want to...

I would always prefer cash but sometimes when the only thing I would get payment is through gift cards, then it would still do.

Its just that I could not spend gift cards instantly but instead Id go sell it for a lower price and with that way, I really dont like it.

I have never sold gift cards, usually I get those cards and can spend them in many places. If it is a card I know I'll have a hard time spending I would reconsider the job...

I prefer money for sure, but I don't mind gift cards if I can spend them easily. But nothing like money on the bank to spend wherever I want to...

Yes that money in the bank is key!

I would always prefer cash but sometimes when the only thing I would get payment is through gift cards, then it would still do.

Its just that I could not spend gift cards instantly but instead Id go sell it for a lower price and with that way, I really dont like it.

I have never tried to sell any of my gc's but I have heard other people talk about it. Are you successful at selling them?

I prefer cash over gift cards. By getting cash you are not restricted to use them one place which I prefer.

I can accept gift cards if they are for sites I buy stuff from often. However if it is some sites I haven't heard off or I don't really care about then I just skip it.

I work alot of sites and most of them pay cash. I would rather have cash but if a site only offers giftbcards and they are fairly easy to obtain I don't mind working the site. Some sites even offer both but I will more than likely lean toward the cash unless a particular gift card that I am interested in is cheaper for me. For example, I love Swagbucks. Swagbucks offers multiple ways to earn and they offer several prizes. I have found that I get more bang out of my buck if I work for $5 Amazon gift cards. The $5 Amazon gift cards sell for 450 Swagbucks while a $25 Paypal cashout takes 2500 Swagbucks. I am getting the Amazon gift cards cheaper so I opt for that option and use it toward Christmas gifts for my family.

What about you? If the site only offers gift cards do you just skip it or are you an equal opportunity earner?

I am an equal opportunity earner if the price is right! ;)

I would rather work for cash than a gift card, but a gift card limits my spending. What if the company does not have anything I'm interested in at the time I want to use my gift card? I would hate to have to wait to use my earnings until I see what I want. So, cash is my perferred option :)!

banners
Back