The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Do you know if Webkit browser traffic converts for CPA offer?

jzguru

Do you know if Webkit browser traffic converts for CPA offer? One of my traffic source is sending me a lot of such traffic. So I wanted to ask if anyone here knows if such browser converts for your offer? Thank you in advance to answering my question.

86.66% (I checked :p [last 36K visits]) are AppleWebKit/4+ (KHTML) iPad iPhone Mac Linux Android Windows using Chrome
Code:
      1 "Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 9; R1 PRO) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML
      1 "Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 9; POT-LX1A) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML
      1 "Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 9; Portal) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML

86.66% (I checked :p [last 36K visits]) are AppleWebKit/4+ (KHTML) iPad iPhone Mac Linux Android Windows using Chrome
Code:
      1 "Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 9; R1 PRO) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML
      1 "Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 9; POT-LX1A) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML
      1 "Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 9; Portal) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML

Yes, I know Chrome is the popular browser. This is why i find it strange that I receive a lot of traffic from my traffic source that uses webkit browser. Not chrome, but webkit browser. I thought this is bot traffic since I receive no conversion from this traffic source yet due to limited volume. I am not sure if at this stage, I should just increase the traffic volume. However, after further research, it seems like webkit browser is mostly used by iOS phones or tablets and after googling, I don't find much bot traffic complain about webkit browser. I see alot of complaints of Chrome webview but not webkit.

Anyone else having experience dealing with webkit browser traffic?

read your webserver log file the user-agents are there
gecko and apple/webkit are the rendering engines most browsers use.
webkit is NOT a user-agent (browser)

Bots use whatever user-agent they want to forge :D
User agents will NOT indicate a bot or not --bots are not that stupid
bots don't update the latest user agent -- Chrome 49.xx is definitely a bot (or an antiquated browser =worthless)

The thing is that in my tracker, it is showing up as webkit browser and not chrome. So this is what confuses me.
WebKit:605.1.15 this is what I see in the version of the browser. This is just strange piece of traffic. :(

read your webserver log file the user-agents are there
gecko and apple/webkit are the rendering engines most browsers use.
webkit is NOT a user-agent (browser)

Bots use whatever user-agent they want to forge :D
User agents will NOT indicate a bot or not --bots are not that stupid
bots don't update the latest user agent -- Chrome 49.xx is definitely a bot (or an antiquated browser =worthless)

server logs are right most of the time (if not always)
there is a problem probably in the SUBSTRING and REPLACE (type) queries or code
: is never used hope you are not paying for that tracker :p

WebKit is a rendering engine the BROWSER version varies
this is a grep 'pattern search' of one of my current server logs running push ads
upload_2020-11-30_23-24-15.png

That's about 10% of the traffic (low volume testing) just to give you a general ratio of 'my' AppleWebKit/605.1.15

see the Nginx or Apache2
/etc/nginx or /etc/apache2 for the path for that domain's server log location

Last edited:
banners
Back