The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Do you feel comfortable buying online?

gkd_uk

Hi

Do you feel comfortable buying online or do you still have your scary moments where you think twice before purchasing?

Since I develop sites, I'm always conscious of where my details are going. I'll always double check all SSL certificates are issued by a reputable body, and prefer to pay via third party checkouts, such as Paypal. I can't remember the last time I bought something online from anywhere other than a reputable company, such as eBuyer:)

A lot depends on the amount of money involved.
I buy a lot of software and peripherals online, I find it easier and less time consuming than going to a bricks and mortar shop, (I also buy some quite expensive furniture items on ebay, but pay for these when I pick them up) but for more expensive items I tend to buy offline, with the exception of holidays, which I buy online almost all the time. However I tend to deal with the same couple of companies for holidays, so I suppose I feel I know who I am dealing with, which makes me feel comfortable about it.
Hi

Do you feel comfortable buying online or do you still have your scary moments where you think twice before purchasing?

I only buy at well known on line shops, but because of so many cases of line cash crimes in UK I never feel really comfortable.

I'm so fussy - if a site is poorly designed I wont buy from it simply because my theory is if someones not capable of learning to code/design properly their not capable of designing a safe secure online trasaction process.

I have to agree with Xhan and I have to say yeah I buy online more often than anything else.

As an e-commerce store owner I have spend thousands on my sites design and security features.

It instills that extra peice of mind into my visitors head.

KP

I'm so fussy - if a site is poorly designed I wont buy from it simply because my theory is if someones not capable of learning to code/design properly their not capable of designing a safe secure online trasaction process.

Totally agree with you xhan. I think poorly designed websites just doesn't give off a good vibe, I get put off right away and I'll look for an alternative website to buy from.

Yes, I buy heaps of goods online including instruments as I'm studying music, and I'll never buy from somebody whose description isn't detailed enough, or whose description doesn't sound convincing.

I Buy online most of the time - as long as it is reputable and has a ssl certificate - most of the things in my house have been bought online.

I bank online, buy tickets online ( train, flights, rental cars etc) & holidays!

Saves me the hassle of going to a shop! I detest shopping - unless it is something really expensive - then i go to a brick & mortar shop!

I know of people who have bought even cars online - without driving them - on ebay.

I have bought online probably too often and never remotely had any problems. Except once, many years ago with a purchase I made on ebay. I also sell on ebay quite a lot and have a store on there. Haven't had too many issues with buyers. It is really rare to find the scam artists on ebay or really anywhere. I mean there's many of them, but overall the rest of us good hearted people make them look like a very very small minority. Don't let them get you down!

I don't think I was ever really scared of buying online... Although I can't even remember my first buying experience it was some time six or seven years ago I think.

my fav sites are ebay , amazon, shop.com.. n most of the slleres are so goog that they never break their policies and always server the customers very good.

Hi all,

I am same, I buy most things online unless its custom made or cost alot. I am currently building a shop is there anything I make sure that I should have?

Well I've never bought online. Too scared to be scammed, I guess :p
I enjoy going out to buy my stuff! But there's one thing I can only purchase online and I'm going to buy it next month, looking forward to it.

I even buy my grocery online!
I think it is awesome as i am always sooo lazy to go food shopping!

I used to buy online, but now i feel little bit scary to provide my CC details on net. Can't say what will happen, many times it has happened on net. Sites sale the details and our emails too. So, now i prefer to buy things from local market near by me.

banners
Back