Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Do you enable "WhoIs Guard"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meti

affiliate
Hey,

Out of curiousity, how many of you enable this function, in order to have this option available you may have to spend a few bucks, however there are registrars that include this free of charge.

Do you enable the whois guard, if so why? I suppose it's about keeping your privacy safe, but any other particular reason? I have enabled it on a few domains, although I still have quite a few unused ones.

- Meti

I do it on some of my domains, as it is only $0.99 more when u register on domainsite.com :)

Is this the same thing as "private registration" where registrar is using own info for the whois database?

Last edited:
I certainly do. It hides your address from people - brilliant if your being flamed!
The other benefit is some sites crawl the whois database and put your name address and contact details on their site - without your consent. I would and always will pay the extra. (I have it free atm)

On very small occasions I have, but not normally...If I owned a huge domain with hundreds of thousands of visitors I think it would be worth it.

If it comes free with the domain registration, then yes; why not!

Otherwise, I don't bother hiding my info on the WHOIS.

I am using it at few of domains (maybe domains with namecheap as they provide free whois guard - not remember now).

DON.

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back