The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Do you display Google Ads on your sites?

Do you display Google Ads on your sites?

• Yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Some people swear by Google ads, others swear at it, I fall into the latter category. I never seem to make any decent money when I used to display it on my sites ( make about $30 or £15 per month)
One of the things I also dislike about it is that they charge advertisers in Pound (I use AdSense for one of my sites, i get charged in Pound) and pay the webmasters in USD (well they do convert it to GBP before crediting your account.

Yes afcrs i do... its for free and after that it pays you also..

I agree, but you need to be careful with how many Google ads you display. Some webmasters go over the top and when someone visits their website, all visitors see is Google Ads :(

I`ve reduced the number of Google Ads on my sites, it can look a bit `tacky` with too much.

Anyway, I thought I`d have a go at the new YouTube video ads and have them on a couple of sites just to try them out.

Is that down to visitors clicking on less ads do you think, or, could it be Google is keeping more of the money paid by advertisers for themselves?

Yeah, we use it for a number of sites, and recently the payouts have been shocking :(

shockingly high or shockingly low?

What annoyed the hell out of me is the fact that they charge advertisers in UK Pounds and pay webmasters in USD, no wonder they are making a killing and the poor webmasters are shocked :)

Is that down to visitors clicking on less ads do you think, or, could it be Google is keeping more of the money paid by advertisers for themselves?

I think its a mixture of both, there is this thing called Ad blindness, people just see the ads "as part of the furniture" and just ignore it. I actually exist sites that I do not need info from desperately that has too many Google ads plastered on it.

I think the fact that you can only click on the URL and the ad title is done in order to stop 'accidental clicks' and hence readers getting annoyed and never coming back. I post Google Ads though because they can sometimes be massively relevant to a particular post and yeah they do seem to come as standard on many sites these days so won't deter any given visitor. At least I hope not!

I don't really like Google Adsense, however I still choose to display them on a few web sites that I owe, but I've sold those web sites so they aren't under my ownership any more.

- Meti

temi said:
there is this thing called Ad blindness
And even Google admits to this. If you read their webmaster help articles on
AdSense, they recommend - NOT [SIZE=-1]camafloging the ads in your content, but
they do say to place them in areas that the user assumes is regular content.

With that said, I've made more with Yahoo Publisher Network ads than with
Google.
[/SIZE]

banners
Back