“AdPlexity”/ Voluum
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Do Weight Loss Supplements Really Work?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by Graybeard, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Graybeard

Graybeard Well-Known Member affiliate

@Dolin No. LOL Selling that dream has made fortunes however.
    I have dropped 20lbs (9.5kg) this year mathematically.
    1 lb (450g) body fat = 3600 calories

Not this simple exercise and what you eat matters too.
    Simple EAT LESS Quality and content of food's nutrition matters too.
    How Many Calories Are in a Pound of Body Fat?

Supplements are 'mind over matter' --maybe when paying for something you will it to work ...
    Regardless, you have to be committed --long term --that's the hard part.

azgold likes this.
  2. AdCombo
  3. Graybeard

Graybeard Well-Known Member affiliate

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  4. azgold

azgold Administrator Administrator Dojo Master affiliate

There are about a bazillion TV commercials for weight loss since the pandemic, too. The ones I've seen recently say it's free but when the text comes on the screen, it says free trial.

I don't need to lose weight, I've just noticed them and I can't tell for sure but it feels like the market has flooded with weight reduction offers. Thing is, they're having to become more creative to survive and stand out, as shown in that Twitter offer, which was a great new twist, IMO.

5. aleksifa

aleksifa Affiliate affiliate

Just a quick note on this:

When the pandemic broke eat & fit and a couple of other (websites/programs) [bodyfitplan.me, 4homefitness.com] went heavily into marketing their stuff.

When I looked a bit more into eat & fit basically they were not providing you a "custom meal plan & exercise" per your data (search FB or google and you will find the reviews).
    Also, I did manage to find the pdf's through google search and it was really bad...

Did they change something in the meantime? I'm not sure.

Bottom line is this:
    If you can find/hire a nutritionist (or maybe partner up with one so that you can come up with the exact meal plans) and create a multi questions based website you can make a good long term business here (as long as you actually provide something that is based on the actual user data).

Otherwise, you can get the meal plans for free from some other websites or get professional software for gyms that can actually spit all of this for you.

Also, exercises must vary per person unless you can come up with a system to match the exercises per data.

6. Ieaton

Ieaton Affiliate affiliate

Well, it depends on what exactly weight loss supplements you are talking about. Some of them are really effective, some of them are harmful. Just be attentive and always read reviews. Also, it's better to consult a doctor if you take care of your health. By the way, I recommend this health store.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
banners