The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Do Google +1 likes help with Ranking?

superbob

affiliate
I was wondering, have you found getting Google +1 likes to help with your search ranking?

Some people say it helps and others say it doesn't help much.

{url removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
In their wisdom Google doesn't disclose fully all their rating factors however Matt Cutts of Google has said that increasingly social endorsement will become more and more important to them.

My (informed?) guess is that, yes, it does affect ranking. And it it's not already, it will certainly do so in the future.

I'm suggesting to my affiliate team that they take this into account and start working it into their strategies now. Even if it's only in getting their G+ profile correctly developed and getting the G+ button on their blogs.

In my honest opinion… yes. From what I have seen with a websites I manage, the +1 button has affected the positioning in Google.

It's already being gamed to death with +1 exchanges, etc. If it is a factor at all currently, it won't be for long.

I think google +1 do help with search engine rankings, because its part of google so I think google will give you some credit for it.

All social media has an effect on ranking, due to off-site indicators. But yes, as minstrel says, it probably won't last. Too easy to game.

Considering how new it is, how easy it is to manipulate, and how little data Google has on it (relatively), it would be irresponsible of them to actually give the G+ any weight in their search ranking algorithm at this point.

I also think Google is well aware of just how easy it would be to game that system, just as Minstrel points out, so I doubt they ever intent to make it a serious factor in their system.

Hi,

Google will eventually integrate its +1 into the search algorithm itself so human votes will have an impact on search ranking. It also influence search engine ranking.

Thanks

Hi,

Google will eventually integrate its +1 into the search algorithm itself so human votes will have an impact on search ranking. It also influence search engine ranking.

One needs to distinguish between personal search and standard search.

Google+ favorites business's if they've already setup that is. However if you are not logged into the GMAIL network then you will not see a favored list.

I don't think Google + is a factor considered in the SERP ranking. If it was, it can easily be manipulated and abused.

I agree with a lot that has been said here. It is true that a distinction between personal and standard searches should be made but it is difficult to argue that Google+ won't have a positive effect on your rankings if people are sharing your content on the network.

I've seen a lot more websites require you to like them on Facebook add a Google +1 if you want a specific freebie they mention on their blog. Just from that fact I'm guessing it's more important.

G+ votes help with ranking. However, one of the most important benefits is showing other people that someone is actually interested in your site. It helps encourage interaction between visitors of your site.

I would say that the more Google +s a page or a site has, the better. At the end of the day, Google+ is 'just' another Social Network. As far as I know, it's running behind Facebook and Twitter but still, it is a growing Network. And since Google owns YouTube and the Search Engines and is basically a company that wants to make money they need to find a good way to display those sites that people want and need if they use Google search. And those +s certainly help Google to identify if a page or a site has good valuable content.

banners
Back