The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Do ad networks like MaxBounty and CJ help install the CPA tracking software for you?

If you need help setting up your tracker, you should contact the tracking company.

If, by install, you mean a self-hosted tracker, you may need to ask your hosting company.

could you guys point me in the right direction for tracking tools to check when someone downloads a software tool or signs up for a form and also tracks the affiliate that gets the commission bounty?

I'm doing research for SaaS platforms like LeadDyno and Post Affiliate Pro that helps tracking and just want to see what these software companies are doing on the tracking side of things when it's a CPA affiliate program and not a final sale commission affiliate program. Thanks!

I'm afraid I don't know which tracker would do that, maybe someone else does but I'm not sure networks will share how they track things, at least publicly.

It'd be great if one of the software vendors could help you out.

for signups it's easy to track since I just install a pixel on the thankyou page, but for downloads I suppose I could just go over to stackoverflow.com and ask how to track them. I'm super interested in working on a affiliate program SaaS software myself. Just got started and am finishing selecting the server/hosting tools I will be using in addition to the programming stacks I chose.

Post Affiliates Pro does some CPA tracking but I couldn't find how they used their tracking codes to track downloads. Once I have something like LeadDyno/Refersion/Post Affiliates Pro going for my business, there are networks I can join for free with my affiliate program signup information using SaaS tools but I was wondering how some of the other ad networks tracked CPAs since some ad networks seemed to go with customized tracking solutions, maybe I'm wrong there, I don't know, but compared to some free ad networks, there are ones that charge a hefty few hundred to over a thousand dollar signup fee so I was wondering maybe that was included with the tracking software tools installation.

My main reason for studying this is to try and understand the business structure from ad network and affiliate program manager's point of view to see if there are any loopholes I have to watch out for when creating my own SaaS product in this business category. I'm super excited for it. :)

MI
Back