The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Dmoz

Traffiker

affiliate
Last week, I submitted a site to DMOZ but it asked me to wait. Till now, it has not been listed on its site. In this context, can you tell me how far is to good to submit a site to it? What are the advantages and disadvantages using it?

Dmoz is not the be all and end all there are plenty more fish in the Sea in terms of ways to build links.

With most link building you submit and forget about it this is definitely the case with Dmoz.

I have ranked site both with and without a Dmoz listing.

Speaking as an EX Dmoz editor...

I far as I have heard Google has limited the weight Dmoz has with them a lot over the last year or so.

I agree, DMOZ is really a waste of time.
Editors promote their sites and sites of their clients.
So, Google does not like dmoz now as it was before.

DMOZ is nothing these days you are better off getting a few decent backlinks from Higher PR sites that are in the same sector as your own site.

DOMZ sucks when it comes time it takes to list a website, but once done it is best directory that drive lots of good traffic.

DMOZ will help your site if you get listed. However, there is a BIG chance that you won't get listed. IMHO it's still worth the effort since it takes less than a minute to submit your site and then you can move on with your life. If you wake up one morning and see a backlink from DMOZ it'll be like a bonus you never expected.

Web Designing ,SEO India,Web Development

Dmoz is not useful as much as.but we can try to manage the site which should be everywhere in the process of the traffic promotion

Submitting to DMOZ doesn’t mean you’ll get the listing. Since DMOZ is such a quality directory, a lot of people are submitting their sites. With so many submissions, it takes time for the editors to review and approve your site. Even hearing back about your listing can take months, so be patient before resubmitting your site.

MI
Back