The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Dmoz Submission Has Been Finally Approved.

marketraise001

After months of frustration my website submission has finally been approved by the DMOZ editorial team and has been put in the respective category.It took 8 months to get the nod ,since it was a free subscription.I had already given up hope and when I asked members from various forums they came up with 2 options a)DMOZ is no longer important and 2)Bribe the editor.Well I didn't believe the first and neither did I try the second one.So people who still have their website waiting for a pproval in the que don't get dis heartened just submit it to the most relevant category .Incase your website has 10 keywords and you optimize your website properly for all of them, then try submitting it to the category that has the minimum amount of approvals pending.That will surely help.I did that and was successful.

Congratulations:) definitely a great thing. I've tried and tried with no luck and finally just gave up on em. Had been told they don't accept affiliate sites but even submitted one with nothing at all having to do with it and still nothin....

I didn't see any improvement in traffic or rankings for my sites that have been approved.

Let us know if yours do.

Wow, I guess I took this for granted. a few days after I submitted to the jobs category I was accepted. I did have an SEO score of 98% on domain tools and scored 100% in the meta categories & tags to content matching on seocentro.com. Who really knows....maybe a little bit of luck but maybe they just scan for relevence.

Hmm another editor must have removed it?? Weird.
Thats what annoys me about DMOZ.. they act a little too high and mightyy!

As someone said, its not a HUGE benefit to be listed there. Sure its a good thing but its just ONE thing, there are tons of other ways you can make up for not being listed at DMOZ.
I wouldnt worry about it too much.

banners
Back