The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

DMOZ Editor Interview

temi

affiliate
The next interview UK WW will be publishing is a with a senior DMOZ editor. I will like you to post questions you will like me to put to him on this thread.
Thanks

Temi, i have only one question. What should i do to get my sites accepted, since i read the guide and followed them every time, but no success so far:(

temi, if possible do ask him/her why are they not accepting directoy submission while they have tons of crap blogs and buts listed there. What is wrong with directories?

Most of the time directories are well edited and well look after. Yet they only list directories affiliated with editors only. What is wrong there? Why they don't like directories? What is it different from personal blogs, made for adsense blogs, proxy sites, etc?? What is the justification?

Or they just don't want to list directories there because they want DMOZ viewed as the only directory in the world? :cool:

1. Why is there such disparity in accepting editors? I have seen an application rejected, then a few weeks later the identical application submitted by a different person and they were accepted. I personally was refused 3 times, yet have written 5 applications for friends who were accepted as editors and are doing a fine job. This tells me that personalities come into play more than the quality of application.

2. What do they do about editorial corruption? There is no point in denying it exists, because I have been approached personally on a number of occasions. Since resourcezone was closed there is no way to report anyone.

3. Why WAS resourcezone closed?

4. How are they handling rogue editors who sabotage competitors page titles etc.

5. Do they agree that they are slipping backwards rapidly due to the backlog of submissions not being met, and the reluctance to accept editors.

6. Where do they see the ODP going in the future given their acute lack of funding.

7. Have they fully recovered from the recent outage they had?

8. Were any applications pending lost as a result of the data problems they experienced and should people re-apply for site inclusion

9. What advice would they give to anyone editing a directory

10. how many beans make five ;)

Good luck LOL.

I should add that I have absolutely no axe to grind with regard ODP/DMOZ. I am a 1005 straight talker and as they are willing to answer questions, I thought it best to ask the questions people want the answers to :D

Q. Why aren't they more transparent in their processes -- inform people of the status of submissions? ... not sure an editor can answer that, but that is my major frustration with DMOZ.

Q. DMOZ has lost much credibility due to the obvious manipulation of certain categories / inclusion of X rated sites and so on ... what if anything will be done to gain back this credibility?

MI
Back