The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

difference between self signed and validated

prathyusha

affiliate
Hi

can anyone tell me what exactly is diff between self signed and ssl buyed from others

doesnt it maintain any values or something

Hi

policy setting enforces public key infrastructure signature checks for any interactive applications that request elevation of privilege. Enterprise administrators can control which applications are allowed to run by adding certificates to the Trusted Publishers certificate store on local computers.

Hi

policy setting enforces public key infrastructure signature checks for any interactive applications that request elevation of privilege. Enterprise administrators can control which applications are allowed to run by adding certificates to the Trusted Publishers certificate store on local computers.
What exactly you said I din't get it.

I have one to add this Google was using some thwate and now they are using thier own name for SSL. What is this can you tell

Let me try and clarify with an example.

I have a client and a server. I'm only trying to validate my connection to my server and not trying to establish trust to others so I don't care about signing with a real CA.

Option 1: Generate a self-signed CA (ssCA) and use that to sign a certificate (C). I then install ssCA into the root keystore on my client and setup my server to use certificate C.

Option 2: Generate a self-signed certificate (SSC). Install SSC into the root keystore on my client. Setup my server to use certificate SSC.

MI
Back