The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honeybadger

AffKit Ninja
Affiliate Marketing Diary 2020
(September 22, 2020 - December 31, 2020)

This site achieved its $10,000 commission target in 2020. I started updating this site again in June 21 with a new 2021 target --> $20,000 (was $100,000 but unrealistic)

Affiliate Marketing Definitely Works
I lost my job due to Covid-19 and I have no other source of money so I started my affiliate marketing journey in lockdown with $25 invested in a domain name and hosting

Before I started I read in lots of place that affiliate marketing doesn't work so I decided to try it for 6 months full time 100% effort and see what happens
  • Start date: August 2020
  • Budget: $25
  • Target: $100 a day by Christmas
  • Niche: Clothing/fashion
  • Commission range: 5-10%
  • Traffic source: Google organic search
Month #1 Target
  • $40 daily commission
  • $1200 monthly commission
Month #1 Results
  • $25 daily commission
  • $750 monthly commission
  • Visits: 30k
  • Views: 85k
  • Revenue: $12k
Month #2 Target
  • $60 daily commission
  • $1800 monthly commission

Last edited:
Awesome! What's your overall budget and traffic sources? are you just doing Google/FB for ppc or other sources as well?

Good questions @AmNovice
  1. My budget is my time - 5 hours a day for ave $50 = $10/hour (above minimum federal hourly rate)
  2. 100% SEO - will add PPC in October for festive shopping as @Andy Hoang mentioned above (October-January) on specific products linked to long tail search queries (example 'brown mongolian cashmere winter jacket for women' which retail to $2k @ 5% commission = $100 a pop so if the PPC acquisition per sale is $10 then I'd make $90 on each PPC sale, minus the cost of my time)
For scaling very important to automate everything you can, that way you spend less hours and earn more money (keep track of hours and work), this week I'm automating all my reports and tracking work completed in Google Calendar

Last edited:
Glad I found this community
Today I started learning PPC
My plan is to test Xmas products with SEO
Once I have a clear picture will start paid adverts
Awesome results, I'm working on an affiliate site with amazon and also cpa+paid ads. Can you please tell me what method you followed to achieve such results.? How you were able to make 750$ in the first month? is it only with SEO ?

Can you please tell me what method you followed to achieve such results.? How you were able to make 750$ in the first month? is it only with SEO ?

Example formula
  • Product A (blue sunglasses) cost $100
  • You make $8 earnings per sale (8% commission)
  • If you sell 10 sunglasses a day it's $80 (x 7 = $560/week)
Go to Wordtracker and search blue sunglasses
Keyword volume is 1,433 visits/month (US)
Further down list is blue mirror sunglasses 678 visits/month (US)
Now you decided to promote blue mirror sunglasses
  • Register the domain name bluemirrorsunglasses.com for $1
  • Register hosting for $10/year
  • Register SSL for $5/year
  • Set up CMS
  • Install e-commerce platform
  • Add products (ONLY blue mirror sunglasses)
  • Start to rank on Google after 3-4 weeks
That's what I did now I'm earning $50/day ($1500/month)

To do this successfully I cannot stress enough how important it is to read and apply the Google Webmaster Guidelines

Last edited:
Example formula
Go to wordtracker and search blue sunglasses
  • Set up CMS
I got it, so you did like a wocommerce store with affiliate products. It's a good idea, but the big difficulties that I face is traffic. SEO is very slow, am I wrong ?

This is what I did
  1. Go to Google Webmaster Guidelines
  2. Copy and paste into Google Docs
  3. Highlight each point
  4. Create SEO checklist
  5. Apply to your website
Be under no illusions
It takes A LOT of time and effort
There are easier ways to earn (PPC)
I think what you achieved is logic, category pages, and product pages are easier to rank than a regular blog post with a bunch of keywords. especially if you find the right spot, I mean good search volume with low competition. I'll apply your method soon. good luck with your journey, I'm following

Sorry, not to be mean; but WooCommerce is not meant for affiliate products --you are not the actual seller when you are an affiliate ... You are the marketer/salesman for the program/network/vendor of the product or offer.

So, you have set up a fake WordPress/WooCommerce e-commerce store with links or redirects? --if that is what you have done --you will not get much SEO or organic referrals.

Interesting comments about the BLUE sunglasses --that's a micro niche with substantial interest --you are working smart ... However, now every copycat out there will 'attack' your niche now :p :(
Yes I know it's not for affiliate marketing, I said it's the same layout and design. It's like an ecommerce store but when click on check offer or order from you're redirected to affiliate product. Anyways, it's a smart idea especially if you focus on specific niche with low competition with enough SV to make sales

I got it, so you did like a wocommerce store with affiliate products. It's a good idea, but the big difficulties that I face is traffic. SEO is very slow, am I wrong ?

Sorry, not to be mean; but WooCommerce is not meant for affiliate products --you are not the actual seller when you are an affiliate ... You are the marketer/salesman for the program/network/vendor of the product or offer.

So, you have set up a fake WordPress/WooCommerce e-commerce store with links or redirects? --if that is what you have done --you will not get much SEO or organic referrals.

Interesting comments about the BLUE sunglasses --that's a micro niche with substantial interest --you are working smart ... However, now every copycat out there will 'attack' your niche now :p :(

This is what I did
  1. Go to Google Webmaster Guidelines
  2. Copy and paste into Google Docs
  3. Highlight each point
  4. Create SEO checklist
  5. Apply to your website
Be under no illusions
It takes A LOT of time and effort
There are easier ways to earn (PPC)
This is very good. I've only been interested in PPC but you definitely sold me more (good job lol) on looking into SEO!
Example formula
  • Set up CMS

To do this successfully I cannot stress enough how important it is to read and apply the Google Webmaster Guidelines

Quick question: How much content are you writing/putting out for this sort of strategy? Thanks!
Example formula
  • Set up CMS

This is very good. I've only been interested in PPC but you definitely sold me more (good job lol) on looking into SEO! Quick question: How much content are you writing/putting out for this sort of strategy? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back