The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

device ids the new cookies

Mr clean list

affiliate
I know this technology is a few years old but I haven't seen any write ups about it and honestly I have been trying to sell the data for over a year now and had limited success. To start from ground zero device id also known as the UUID (unique user identification) is the number that is associated with each device whether it be a palm pilot or a cell phone or even hand held ipod touch has one. Why are these getting a lot of attention? These are essentially cookies that followed you on the internet only they track your travels. So lets say you have a starbucks every morning, well this technology can see that you are within 5-15 meters of a starbucks coffee house. With that said, an advertiser such as dunkin donuts can give send on through to your phone an offer for free breakfast sandwich with order of coffee therefore possibly changing a person from their regular hang out to dunkins. This is all done by the apps in your phones, the more apps your have the easier it is to track you. Typically there are more than 5 or 6 events that occur a day per person. so a company can start putting together A taxonomy on anyone that has a device advertisers can track. JUst thought I would throw that out there in case anyone was interested. Companies that have the technology, but refer to it as something completely different live ramp and spotco as well as adzed.

* Some content removed by Admin *

Last edited by a moderator:
That is called geo fencing and the data can be used for remarketing or intent targeting.
Ads related to that data I have been quoted at $5 to $12 CPM in the US GEOs.
In app banners, push notifies.

Can you prove the rights to be selling that data? -- that is a prerequisite today.
That said, with regard to location that would be useful for pay-per-call, or pay-per-lead MICRO (local) GEO restricted CPA offers.
As for as intent remarketing, there might be a wider "market service area" with regard to general e-commerce apart from local merchants.

But then you need a platform to utilize the data ... so where are we at?

never heard of geo fencing before. I am pretty sure that you and I are on different pages here. I have never heard or sold it via ad space. it could easily be used in that manner but I haven't sold it like that.

If I can prove it that I have the rights to sell it are you going to buy the feed for a month which goes for upwards of $100k depending on what info you want attached to the data.

yes the data could be used for cpa offers I guess based on location,but what I have sold it for is the location tied in with an email to get their deal across to the client at the right time. Yeah so we can append email postal,height or elevation you are in so advertisers can tell if you are in a hotel, we can append a dozen of other thingsbut I don't have my sheet in front of me right now.

Not sure if this makes any sense to you but like I said...different pages

banners
Back