The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Development Blog

xhan

<span style="color: white; font-weight: 700; backg
affiliate
We're starting work on our final year project now - we have so much to do we need two years in which to do it. Our tutor wanted us to set up a blog, which I have done (very basically!) here: Bugs. We haven't got a name yet but when we do it'll be on its own domain.

My question though is how do you maintain a development blog? people don't want to know every single step of the process - but what would make people interested. We don't want to disclose too much information especially code as this project will eventually be sold or thats the plan. So are there any suggestions?

I guess that would really depend on the type of product or service you would go into, how people will be involved, are you planning to earn revenue from your blog via affiliate links, google ads, advertising etc.

How many writers, how many categories and soooo on.

Much to take into consideration - More importantly, if you are planning to earn some sterlings from the blog - who will have the account the monies go into - should we presume yourself :D

Overall - I undertand you are student! That could be quite massive in itself.

You could set-up WordPress MU - multiple users so that UK and possibly international students could set up their own blogs.

zzzzzzzz hope I haven;t put you to sleep yet .....

My question though is how do you maintain a development blog? people don't want to know every single step of the process - but what would make people interested.

You need to give your audience the top level view like you correctly pointed out as they will not be interested in every line of code. Perhaps you should concentrated on the functionalities, especially the aspects that are unique to your own project and how it will help your audience do things differently/better when compared with existing solutions.

@vicdigi we're not planning on making money from the blog. Each user has a login and can post. Its not that big of a project :p theres only 4 of us working on it!

@temi I suppose it could be useful for getting ideas on levels? Lord knows we're gonna struggle on that one!! :S

its a game btw!

banners
Back