The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Desperately struggling to know 3rd party tracking and which one to use for multiple accounts

Hello Laurent, though I'm not a customer of yours (yet), that would be famously helpful if you were to help with this:

I'm signing up for an advertising agency to promote iOS apps (they said they can do it via affiliate links). Here's what they said they need:

"Postback tracking link (pass IDFA, field needs to be dynamic)"

Would you, or anyone know how to implement this? But something seems strange, as if they're asking for a postback from me, when usually that's something that I place on the affiliate network, then I'd need a postback from them instead to send this data over. If there's any way you or anyone can help me find a way to set this up? It would be very valuable... THANKS!

thats correct, they provide you a link so you provide them with a postback.
Whoever sends the traffic also provide the postback.

this dynamic id is likely not the one they need, but might be part of the tracking.

What tracking software they use? There are about 3 major platforms and they all work the same.

Let me know and always happy to help.

Thanks much Laurent!

Though it was just a vague question, I'd let you know tomorrow should they provide me the above details. Truth be told, I was always very grateful for your help, yet a bit guilty that I joined another tracker instead - the reason being at the time was that they were offering the 1st month free and were already integrated with the ad agency I saught to use (HINT: free trial would be a major draw for TrackingDesk)

Anywho, in case my current tracker is not able to get me integrated with their IDFA for the iOS app promotion, I'll contact you about joining if you could get that ironed out.

MI
Back