The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Demographics for online promotion

dmward50

affiliate
I've run into a bizarre problem. I'm comforting myself by saying that I've become a victim to over-thinking- like how my economics professors couldn't balance their checkbook. I have a master's in cultural anthropology, and I'm finding myself stumped on how to do demographic research for PPC advertising. Maybe I could devise an online ethnography- but I think that might be overkill.

In seriousness, though- I'm finding more and more instance both as an affiliate and as an affiliate manager when it would be really important for me to figure out the demographics of my target audience and I feel that there must be some simple way to do it- go to appropriate forums and take notes, join facebook groups and see who's in there, search around other social networking sites- whatever.

What have other people done to get demographics- I'm thinking objective data here if possible. Do people from the South tend to like this offer? College grads? People who like sushi? I don't know. What experiences have other people had and how have they found success figuring out demographics for any particular offer?

MI
Back