The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Dell's profit drops

temi

affiliate
Dell has had to cut prices to keep consumer demand pumping
Computer industry bellwether Dell has reported an 11% drop in quarterly profit because of a one-off tax charge.
Net income in the three months to 28 January was $667m (£357m) from $749m a year earlier. Sales were up 17% at $13.46bn - just below market targets.

Dell paid $280m in taxes during the quarter so it would now qualify for a lower tax rate on overseas profits.

Dell shares fell 4% in trading in New York on Friday, as analysts questioned future sales.

source full story: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4256109.stm

That's because they rip everyone off and supply bottom of the line garbage to uneducated consumers in exchange for 24/7 tech support. Not to mention the tech support is void should you open the case and break the seal, I'd never buy Dell.

If they were to aim more of their marketing to retail outlets they'd prolly see a boost in those numbers though I think.

I used to work for a compant that uses Dell, to get tech support you are placed on hold for about 20 minutes or so, after you got to speak to "tech support" only to find out that you actually know more than the guy.

I have never buy Dell don't intend to start either
Temi

Our system admin at work purchased 3 Dells because he was too lazy to do tech support in the case of a computer problem. We bout 3 3.02 P4's with 1 GB or DDR2 Ram, 80 GB Hard Drive, CDRW, Nvidia Crap Card, 19" Dell Monitor (the only good part of the package) for just under $5,000 per rig. Not one of these paper weights outperforms my 2.8 P4 at home, what a waste of money.

MI
Back