The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Dedicated VS server from home?

M

maxseo

I probably have to look for dedicated server, but I am also thinking about setting up a web server at home and getting different ISP, one that offers static IP and allows for having server run from the connection

I mean money wise, am I going to save a lot if I set the server at home, what about electricity, hardware, internet connection etc ...

Which option would you say I should go with?

Maxseo,
Dedicate server at home is not a good solution, what if you cat trips a wire and you server is unplugged, what if you dog chases you cat and the server is knocked over, what if ???? there are at least a thousand reasons you should not host your site at home.

You should have you site hosted on a server on a data centre for peace of mind.

Maxseo,
Dedicate server at home is not a good solution, what if you cat trips a wire and you server is unplugged, what if you dog chases you cat and the server is knocked over, what if ???? there are at least a thousand reasons you should not host your site at home.

You should have you site hosted on a server on a data centre for peace of mind.

I say shoot the cat!!

But seriously whats to stop running your own server,if you have a room you can safetly keep it it?After all there are cheap reliable power backup packs you can buy should a power cut happen.
Provided you did your homework so you know what your doing it could be a much cheaper option?

The only thing that I worry about is how will the ISP measure on upload speeds. I think that is the proper term 'upload' which is opposite to when we download from the internet

, if I haven't lost you yet

I agree with temi. It is better for you to get a cheap dedicated server hosted in a data center than have it at home. It just gives you peace of mind knowing your server is in a secured NOC.

Definately agree with all the above, there are at least 50 reasons not to run a webserver from home. Even if you save money, its not worth it for the hassle.

After careful consideration, I decided that the server at home would be a lot of hassle. I mean even yesterday one of the main cable ISP in Australia had some service interruptions. It took them pretty long to rectify the probs.

It looks like having server at home would mean lots of headaches

That is nice Jack, so despite not having cats to trip cables you will not be hosting at home :)

Hi,

Hi well,
Deticates server in home is hot a good advice..Only You lose your money very fast...this is the real thing happen if you run a own detivated server,
My opinion is beteer look a share host or reseller host plan If you feel you have more sites & all of your sites hit by more user means you can choose a best plan from any one of the dedicated server provider,

MI
Back