The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Dedicated server vs shared

Lise

affiliate
Hi,

I just watched a video on making $100 a day and they mention that one thing you must have is a dedicate server and not a shared server.

Why? What's the difference? The pros and cons of either/both?

Personally, in the beginning, I don't think it matters. It may as you grow though.

A dedicated server is yours. Only your site(s) are housed there.

A shared server may house any number of other peoples sites in addition to yours.

For the time being, and possibly will be the case for a while, all my sites are on shared servers.

Personally, in the beginning, I don't think it matters. It may as you grow though.

A dedicated server is yours. Only your site(s) are housed there.

A shared server may house any number of other peoples sites in addition to yours.

For the time being, and possibly will be the case for a while, all my sites are on shared servers.
I see. That makes sense.

Hi,

I just watched a video on making $100 a day and they mention that one thing you must have is a dedicate server and not a shared server.

Why? What's the difference? The pros and cons of either/both?
Dedicated server is the one that you own 100% and thus no one has access to the content you are publishing. This is always a very good option if at all you are running a website with very confidential information and hence not want to have them get out of hands. Dedicated also helps you enjoy the full bandwidth and storage space without having an intruder. Share server is the one in which you can use the same resources with a number of other users. It becomes hard and makes the website slower since you have no full access to the bandwidth. It is however a cheaper option.

Dedicated server is the one that you own 100% and thus no one has access to the content you are publishing. This is always a very good option if at all you are running a website with very confidential information and hence not want to have them get out of hands. Dedicated also helps you enjoy the full bandwidth and storage space without having an intruder. Share server is the one in which you can use the same resources with a number of other users. It becomes hard and makes the website slower since you have no full access to the bandwidth. It is however a cheaper option.

I've been working with shared servers for almost 5yrs now. Never experienced any issues as of yet. Unless you have insane traffic, a dedicated server isn't necessary. By the time traffic garners the need to upgrade server plans, that same traffic has also supplied the income to pay for the bill.

I agree with Red. Dedicated is very expensive. I believe you would get a lot of good benefit from dedicated, but you must be sure you can cover the cost. If you have the money to pay for dedicated for say six months, then im sure you will brake even and start make very good profits. Else start with shared and build up. Look for a hoster that will be able to move your sites from shared to dedicated, later when you want to upgrade.

You don't need a Dedicated server. Shared will work just fine unless you have alot of traffic then your site might stop loading or load really slow! Best bet if your not looking to spend alot on a server go with a VPS they can handle alot of traffic and the price tag is alot smaller. Best of luck

Shared means you share the resources on the server. This basically means the CPU and memory are split by everyone who is on the same server. If one site gets nailed by a lot of traffic your site might slow down.

Dedicated means you get your own server and don't share the resources with anyone.

VPS is a best of both worlds scenario where you share the server but are guaranteed a specific amount of resources via a virtualization layer.

Honestly, 2 of my main sites are running just fine on shared hosting right now. I am now putting all my new sites onto VPS' because you get complete control over the server and I can scale up resources at anytime as well as run as many sites as I want on a single VPS.

Downsides is the technical aspects of learning how to operate a server and being responsible for backups and maintenance. Upsides is more control, easy scalability, and I can install whatever software I want.

You don't need a Dedicated server. Shared will work just fine unless you have alot of traffic then your site might stop loading or load really slow! Best bet if your not looking to spend alot on a server go with a VPS they can handle alot of traffic and the price tag is alot smaller. Best of luck
ok, thanks for clearing that up.

ok, thanks for clearing that up.
If your thinking of running paid traffic. Don't even think about using shared server.
I'd say a minimum requirement is at least a VPS.

banners
Back