The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Dazed & Confused

Carollee

Hi Everyone!

Well, after much reading :eek: and I believe studying :confused:, I finally decided to make the jump to posting. I feel really over-whelmed with all the information!

A little about me. Living in central Florida, on the Treasure Coast area since Jan 09. Since the economy fall, finding my work, waitressing, has not been easy. No, downright bad. The only place I could find hiring was Mc Donalds. Right then and there, I decided there has to be a better way.

So here I am, amongst you all and feeling, "Dazed & Confused". I did find the "newbie" section and read the, "Learn the Basics of Affiliate Marketing from SugarRae". I also went to her site, not sure which one, and that led me back to making the decision to join the ranks here. :)

Anyways, I've joined, I'll continue to read the posts and ask questions. (Remember you said, there were NO DUMB QUESTIONS! :eek:) One thing I've learned is this: Learning is a preresiquit (spelling), this is work and no matter how easy it is for some, for others, especially those like myself, being led step by step seems to be the answer.

Here's to my success from your success!:D

Carollee

You're not by yourself. There are plenty of us in the same boat. Welcome aboard!
There is a wealth of information on this forum.

Hi Carollee,

Welcome to our 5 Star Community.

It's normal to feel overwhelmed and frustrated when you 1st start out. It's not easy to get started and there is no surefire path the success. Lots of ways to get started and no one way is good for everyone. But with focused effort and lots of learning, you can get there!

Be sure to check out all the stickies in the newbie forum as they are some of the best threads to read when you are getting started. They will help give you lots of ideas that have worked for other newbies and give you a better general understanding about how to get started.

Then the most important thing for starters is picking the right niche. The newbie stickies will explain that, then go to the niche marketing forum and you will find lots of tips and tools for finding your niche.

Ask specific questions after that and we will do our best to help.

Hi Carollee,

Know how you feel. Patience and persistence will help too. There is just so much information out there it can be difficult to sort the useful from the rubbish - at first. This forum is excellent and there is so much useful information here it will take you weeks to read through it! I joined recently and I'm still working my way through it.

Thank You Everyone for your replies and support! I'm realizing that there is a lot of studying and work that goes into this. I also am realizing, don't let fear keep you from trying. I've joined up with a free program, that teaches you the basics. I believe I read somewhere on here that Linda, or someone, said, don't buy ebooks, you have all the information here for free. As far as "forums" go, this is the only one I've joined. I find that for myself, I can get stretched in too many directions and get distracted. I know, that through persistence and daily effort and passion, this will work, if I work it!
I guess through the rules, I cannot post the free program, so if you would like the info, please email me. It will be starting off it's new season for 2009 this Monday.

I generally agree on the "Don't Buy E-books" quote myself. You really should learn and test what you can first. Once you find a method that seems to work well, expand on it. Once you have tried on your own you can consider an ebook (but do so upon review and recommendations of others, not because of a sales page.)

IF you are just now starting out, you may wanna check out the 30 day challenge (google it). They are just about to get rolling on this year's challenge. The challenge is to get you to make $1 online in 30 days. They figure that if they can teach you to make $1, you can figure out how to make it consistent.

That is how I really got rolling in this business. They teach you all the basics through a 30 day class. The work each day takes maybe an hour or so, and they teach you using free methods (though they will recommend buying your domain and hosting). I use the methods they teach on about everything I do... well... I "insource" the bookmarking to my fiancee who stays at home with the boys ;).

Give them a look over, well worth the time investment for a beginner.

I would say without doubt the thirty day challenge is a good place to start, I can honestly say that it got me more motivated to do things than anything else, It's changed my life that's for sure.

TDC

I would say without doubt the thirty day challenge is a good place to start, I can honestly say that it got me more motivated to do things than anything else, It's changed my life that's for sure.

Thank You! Yes, that is exactly how I've started. I found the site on an affilate forum and started the 2008. Now am waiting for 2009 to finish. I am very excited to find a free program to teach the REAL basics for a newbie like myself.

I'm also excited to find what they will bring new to the Challenge this year.

Brightest Blessings,
Carol Lee

Hi Carol,
Welcome to the forums and you've made one great decision by joining and deciding to participate. There is so much information that it certainly can be overwhelming, but the best thing to do is come up with a plan of action and get started. Once you start something, build the momentum, it's easy to keep the ball rolling. And, of course, we'll be right here to help support you. :D

MI
Back