The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Datafeeds for dummies - Learn About Datafeeds

joycee

Sorry to be such a newbie and all BUT, does anyone have any book suggestions to learn about datafeeds. I understand what it is, but don't know how to implement or find programs. I don't know enough to ask an intelligent question. I know I need it; I don't know where to start. Help!

Hi Joycee,

Here is a basic article about datafeeds I wrote, so you can start at the beginning.

Datafeed Affiliate Programs - Datafeeds 101 a Beginners Primer
http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/datafeed1.html

Here are many of our free datafeeds plus the IPC a tool that lets you create datafeed sites without needing special software or programming skills.
http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/IPC-datafeeds.html

Here is my datafeed resources page with lots of other tools and tips.
Datafeed Tools Software and Resources
http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/affiliate-datafeeds.html

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just added to the resources above and made this thread a sticky for those that are new to datafeeds and want to learn the basics or discover cool datafeed tools.

Thanks for the links Linda. I'm definately quite new to datafeeds and was really looking at adding them to one of my sites.

so what im not really sure on...
if i have a data feed say from share a sale..
where do i paste the code in my site to make it line up?im really lost on this one for sure

I'm lost, too -- I have one affiliate that has datafeeds, and I've set up databases before, but just can't seem to grasp this datafeed opportunity. :(

Linda, I went through your article and found invaluable knowledge about datafeeds, its uses and kinds. I am new to AM and still don?t know many concepts. Can you give me another link for understanding conversion rates?

Must admit that most things you can find in a book that you pay for, can actually been found freely on the web and learned from there. It's call research! I guess the only issue is with the free stuff is you have to find it and normally it comes in parts. For example, you use a tutorial to see what something means and then you have to go to a programming forum to see how to implement it, etc.

I don't know if we invented but this could be helpful for others.
I run a coupon site script. So I made the very easy to import offers and coupons from 3 networks at this time. Searching them I've discovered other way to import the offers ( via rss feed not .csv as it is now ).
This is quite helpful and working on it to implement is as another way to import offers and coupons.
But in the process an idea came to my mind. What if you give rss feeds with your affiliate links on it.
Something like this came up codecoupondiscount.com
This can be used as a marketing tool. Lot's of rss directories out there. But the idea behind is to promote your site not feeds from other advertiser.
Basically you will promote offers from others ( from which you can make money ) and in the same time your site - that is seo.

MI
Back