The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Creatives - what works what doesn't?

Lead Machine

As marketing methods change, and Affiliates refine their techniques, what forms of creatives do you find most attractive as an affiliate.

Obviously an email marketer is going to want email creatives, but in more specific terms what do you like?

What works well on your site, text ads? Banners? And if they are banners that work well what sizes have you seen to be most effective - or what sizes do you see used too infrequently, that would allow you to better monetize your traffic?

Lots of questions, I know, but since I have locked myself in my office, and am entrenched in my photoshop work, I want to make sure that I am heading in the right direction. I don't want to spit out 40 banner ads in sizes that no one uses (anyone need 5x15 micro-mini-tiny-buttons? j/k)

So in your opinion, what works? What do you like? What do you hate? Are their color pallettes to avoid...

I welcome all opinions and thoughts.

Best Wishes,

Banners have never worked well for me. In context text links have always been the best bet. People tend to turn a blind-eye to banners simply because they scream, "I'M AN AD!"

The thing that I am really concentrating on presently is viral video marketing, using vehicles such as YouTube, Google Video, Yahoo Video and others. Both on site and linked from and to, they can be mixed with Adsense or used to drive traffic and back links as they organically make their way around the web. It also allows me to tap into my creative side. =]

MI
Back