The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Creating the subscriber list (to your blog)

scottkeith75

I am about to start releasing content--in 7 days. I have spent a month compiling quality articles, and not battening down the hatches for my initial shock of realizing all the things I should have done, lol.

My question is about possible widgets that will allow me to begin a subscriber list. I don't believe this is called an auto-responder (but it could be). Any direction would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Scott...an autoresponder is part of a service that list providers like mailchimp, icontact and aweber provide. You will want one of these to manage your lists.

A widget is a simple wordpress function that can include your list sign up form on your blog.

If you need any help with this, let me know.

-Russ

You'll need an auto responder to handle all of the subscriptions, cancelations and delivery of your emails. I recommend aweber... it's only $1 for your first month.

You'll want to create a small report and/or video to give away in return for an email address... it shouldn't be anything too long. You don't want to waste days creating it, and most people only want a small amount and don't want to be bothered with 97 pages of ebook content when they got it for free.

If you're looking for a wordpress plugin to make adding the aweber form easier, you'll like MazBlogPress, it's free too.

Scott...an autoresponder is part of a service that list providers like mailchimp, icontact and aweber provide. You will want one of these to manage your lists.

A widget is a simple wordpress function that can include your list sign up form on your blog.

If you need any help with this, let me know.

-Russ

I may have failed to communicate my exact question--I appoligize if that is the case. I am wondering how to get a widget that actually prompts my visitors to join my mailing list. the actual 'sign up to receive this or that' and informs me that I have a new subscriber.

Thanks again for your help Russell

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

You'll need an auto responder to handle all of the subscriptions, cancelations and delivery of your emails. I recommend aweber... it's only $1 for your first month.

You'll want to create a small report and/or video to give away in return for an email address... it shouldn't be anything too long. You don't want to waste days creating it, and most people only want a small amount and don't want to be bothered with 97 pages of ebook content when they got it for free.

If you're looking for a wordpress plugin to make adding the aweber form easier, you'll like MazBlogPress, it's free too.

Hi Victor,

I am going to be using MailChimp. I understand it is not quite as good, but it is free, and cutting costs is paramount right now. Thank you for the reply, and direction.

Scott...MailChimp will give you the widget.

The term widget is used for Wordpress so they can give you that but they can also give you html to use if your site is not built on Wordpress.

Scott...MailChimp will give you the widget.

The term widget is used for Wordpress so they can give you that but they can also give you html to use if your site is not built on Wordpress.

Hello again Russell (and seriously, thank you for spending the time communicating this to me)
So Mailchimp will allow me to both manage my subscriber mailings, and provide the needed 'opt in' for my visitors to sign up to my mailing list?

Thank you Sir

Scott - no problem at all. You are right - MailChimp will give you everything you need and then some. And you can't beat the price.

Also - as they say - 'sir' is my father....

-Russ

Scott - no problem at all. You are right - MailChimp will give you everything you need and then some. And you can't beat the price.

Also - as they say - 'sir' is my father....

-Russ

Lol... the whole 'Sir' thing is a habit blasted into my mind from the Marine Corps. I hope you took no offense Russell. I want to, once again, thank you for the kindness you have showed in sharing your knowledge with me. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.

MI
Back