The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Create e-book

DPaco

Hi,

Can someone tell me how i can create an e-book?

I have my own idea but don't know how to create it...

Thanks,

DPaco

Well, I can tell you what I do, but not everyone has this program. I create it in Adobe InDesign and then export it to pdf. Any publishing program will probably do. Maybe others will be along with their suggestions.

The simplest way is to download Open Office (which is free) and write it up in there. You can then lay it out however you like and insert links and all that then Open office has a built in PDF converter you can use to save it as an ebook.

Hi there,

As a professional freelancer, I do tons of these for my clients. I've even written an ebook on how to write ebooks lol. Here's what I do, step by step:

- Create a table of contents. I use word to do this, and create headings, subheadings and so on, that I will use for the TOC.
- Once that's done, I write the content for each section. Having the TOC done already helps to keep track of what goes where.
- After the writing is done, I copy and paste to Publisher.
- Once in publisher, I create the master pages, then the cover, the disclaimer, copyright information and contents page. This gets the spacing right.
- after that, I edit the styles of the text. Using the chosen color scheme to create headins and subheadings that look good.
- Once that's done, I start at the beginning, and inster the graphics I intend to use page by page, and move new chapters to the pages they're supposed to start on. Doing this from the start means that I don't mess up the rest of the layout!
- After the images are in, tackle the extras - add page numbers, your link on the bottom of the pages, links from the content page to the chapters and so on.

One thing to remember is to link your text boxes, if you're working in Publisher - then the text will autoflow to the other boxes.

Once everything is done, and my client is happy, I make the whole thing a PDF.

Hope that helps! :)

Tamara

MI
Back