The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Couple of Newbie questions

mariopv

affiliate
Hi Guys!

First of all, I started learning affiliate marketing 2 days ago and I did Charles Ngo's course in a day because I was really stoked :D
Now I'm experimenting with how affiliate marketing works and there are some things that are left unclear to me. As I'm following the guide I'll start off with mobile paid traffic and probably games/sweepstakes as I think that would be a good starting point to get to know Affiliate Marketing.

1. I got into Mobidea's affiliate network and I deposited some dollars into PopCash.Net
As I'm browsing through the offers in Mobidea it seems that most of the offers have really low Conversion rate like 0.10 to 0.70 at best. EPCs are also really low - 0.01 to 0.09. That is mainly in Tier 2 countries offers since I read that there's no point to try in Tier 1 for now. I'm still trying to learn how to find good offers but at first read, I do not find anything remotely exciting that looks like it can convert and bring some profit. Is it just Mobidea's offers are not good or am I missing something here?

2. How do I know what type of banner/popup/ad is the traffic source providing?
3. What does the Top, 1st and 2nd CPM mean?
upload_2018-11-11_10-18-16.png

Does that mean that if I bid less than 0.55$ CPM as shown in the above image I won't get any traffic?
3. How do you calculate if the offer will be profitable? For example, if the payout is 1 dollar, epc is 0.10 cents does that mean that I need to buy for example 1000 views for less than a dollar, that will convert into 10 successful actions to be profitable? I'm still very much confused on this calculations so any input will be greatly appreciated.
4. Is there something wrong with Mobidea's offer links? I cannot post the link since I'm new.
On theory shouldn't it bring me to the lander page, which as per the offer should look like this:
upload_2018-11-11_10-29-5.png

but it always brings me to a different site.

I'm still experimenting with direct linking to the lander in offers where I see some good looking banners and lander but I'll soon set up my hosting and try with some landers. Any advices for a newbie like me would be helpful. Thanks!

I would not expect more than 1:1000 conversions on mobile popunders -- there are exceptions ...
The global average conversion I have seen quoted about 1% of all click-throughs not views.
popunder is your (hosted) landing page or a prelander(yours)->offer landing page <<<that is the norm.

As I'm browsing through the offers in Mobidea it seems that most of the offers have really low Conversion rate like 0.10 to 0.70 at best.
These are average numbers, there can be a wide range from. say, 2% to 0.1% CR for different publishers. I recommend you to contact your account manager and ask what they recommend for your experience, traffic type and budget.

Is there something wrong with Mobidea's offer links? I cannot post the link since I'm new.
You should be the same GEO, same mobile carrier, same device and browser the offer allows to be able to see its LP. Usually your network will provide a landing page preview. If you cannot find it, simply ask your account manager.

I would too recommend you to contact your affiliate manager and ask these questions. Usually, the idea of an affiliate network is to profit from its users, by also bringing good profits to them, so IMO he/she will be honest with you and will try to help you increase your profits. About the metrics, tho - 0.01 to 0.09 EPC is really low indeed, the Cr too. But @Daria_WapEmpire is right in saying that there is a range so its best to check with your affiliate manager. If these metrics continue to be this low, no matter of the traffic you bring and its quality I would recommend you to check some other networks as well and see if it will work out better.

You can reverse your EPC to your offer's pay-out amount to find some break even.

100K ads $155 yields 600 qualified clicks (CTR count) 6 sales(conversions) $2.50 =EPC $0.004166
scale=6;2.5/600=EPC $0.004166

scale=6;6/100000
6*2.5
15.0 pay-out
this campaign's ads were worth $0.15/K WTF!
SKUNKED AGAIN!

scale=6;100000*.05 5% CTR <<landing page
5000.00 <<<click-through total
scale=6;5000*.01
50.00 <<<<1% sales conversion
scale=6;50*25.35 $25.35 payout
1267.50 <<<<< earnings
scale=6;5000/1267.50
3.944773 <<<<< EPC (returned)
(100/3.944773)
$25.35 <<< break-even /K ads served
DREAMLAND :)

• So you need a happy median ....
  • However, the same formula applies.
  • The is no way to project this with any accuracy.
  • Base the evaluation on 20K ads served -- in other words you will have to spend some money to create an empirical results from a sample.
  • This process may take 10 or 20 repeat experiments or a $150 -$400 advertising/offer testing expense.
  • If you find a winner you will make a lot of money if you lose you are out $500 and a lot of time wasted -- that's business and that is life ...

I'm convinced @Graybeard is a computer.

He's 100% absolutely right though.

You can reverse your EPC to your offer's pay-out amount to find some break even.

100K ads $155 yields 600 qualified clicks (CTR count) 6 sales(conversions) $2.50 =EPC $0.004166
scale=6;2.5/600=EPC $0.004166

scale=6;6/100000
6*2.5
15.0 pay-out
this campaign's ads were worth $0.15/K WTF!
SKUNKED AGAIN!

scale=6;100000*.05 5% CTR <<landing page
5000.00 <<<click-through total
scale=6;5000*.01
50.00 <<<<1% sales conversion
scale=6;50*25.35 $25.35 payout
1267.50 <<<<< earnings
scale=6;5000/1267.50
3.944773 <<<<< EPC (returned)
(100/3.944773)
$25.35 <<< break-even /K ads served
DREAMLAND :)

• So you need a happy median ....
  • However, the same formula applies.
  • The is no way to project this with any accuracy.
  • Base the evaluation on 20K ads served -- in other words you will have to spend some money to create an empirical results from a sample.
  • This process may take 10 or 20 repeat experiments or a $150 -$400 advertising/offer testing expense.
  • If you find a winner you will make a lot of money if you lose you are out $500 and a lot of time wasted -- that's business and that is life ...

Hi Guys!

First of all, I started learning affiliate marketing 2 days ago and I did Charles Ngo's course in a day because I was really stoked :D
Now I'm experimenting with how affiliate marketing works and there are some things that are left unclear to me. As I'm following the guide I'll start off with mobile paid traffic and probably games/sweepstakes as I think that would be a good starting point to get to know Affiliate Marketing.

1. I got into Mobidea's affiliate network and I deposited some dollars into PopCash.Net
As I'm browsing through the offers in Mobidea it seems that most of the offers have really low Conversion rate like 0.10 to 0.70 at best. EPCs are also really low - 0.01 to 0.09. That is mainly in Tier 2 countries offers since I read that there's no point to try in Tier 1 for now. I'm still trying to learn how to find good offers but at first read, I do not find anything remotely exciting that looks like it can convert and bring some profit. Is it just Mobidea's offers are not good or am I missing something here?

2. How do I know what type of banner/popup/ad is the traffic source providing?
3. What does the Top, 1st and 2nd CPM mean?
View attachment 13410
Does that mean that if I bid less than 0.55$ CPM as shown in the above image I won't get any traffic?
3. How do you calculate if the offer will be profitable? For example, if the payout is 1 dollar, epc is 0.10 cents does that mean that I need to buy for example 1000 views for less than a dollar, that will convert into 10 successful actions to be profitable? I'm still very much confused on this calculations so any input will be greatly appreciated.
4. Is there something wrong with Mobidea's offer links? I cannot post the link since I'm new.
On theory shouldn't it bring me to the lander page, which as per the offer should look like this:
View attachment 13411
but it always brings me to a different site.

I'm still experimenting with direct linking to the lander in offers where I see some good looking banners and lander but I'll soon set up my hosting and try with some landers. Any advices for a newbie like me would be helpful. Thanks!
Hello Mario!

Will you please PM me your account and a Skype ID if possible? I'd love to help, but I need some details before I can provide you with relevant info!

Have a great week ahead! Looking forward to receiving your message!

popcash is the worst choice....only bots
Hi Kuprum,

Will you please help me understand what made you reach this conclusion? I'd like to find out more details, as we are using both internal and third-party filters for the traffic and we automatically re-direct all abnormal visits to our own website, so theoretically, you shouldn't receive such kind of traffic. If you'd like to share some info, maybe we will manage to help one way or another.

Thanks!

MI
Back