The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Contests on forums

gkd_uk

Hi

Do contests attract you to a forum? What would you like to see in a contest which would make you register on a forum to participate?

Would any of these attract you to a forum or would you like something else?

• Cash
  • Domain names and Hosting
  • Links
  • Banner Ads

Thanks

to be honnest.

i dont like contests on forums.

most referal contest and contests like that get a lot of scammers.

better give some nice freebies to serious posters once in a while.

and maybee some free links in good directories once in a while.

The problem is Piet, to attract serious posters here. Large part of our members only shows up to advertise another directory or Wordpress theme...

I think contests and competitions are a great way to build community.

The problem is Piet, to attract serious posters here. Large part of our members only shows up to advertise another directory or Wordpress theme...

I think contests and competitions are a great way to build community.

i get that SkinnerW,

but i think it is better to try and get serious posters then the qbc posters:rolleyes:

Offering money would be a great incentive to many. Especially as the £££ is so strong against many currencies.

Also, banner ads could be very enticing as long as it is on a high traffic website.

I think the best price would be cash, but sometimes offering products related to your niche, lets take a SEO forum for example, offering SE courses and further things that sometimes may be more useful than cash. Cash can be spent easily, knowledge doesn't disappear like that :)

- Meti

A contest could work if the forum isn't the main focus (contests such as "most posts", "referred members" etc.). A forum like this would do well with a "SEO contest" (get to the top of google with a random phrase, for example). I was a member of a game programming, and the amount of game programming competitions were numerous, and it produced some gems.

MI
Back