The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Considering a career change

utchief

affiliate
I've been working as an affiliate manager/director for nearly a decade. I lost my job in February and haven't been able to find a new one. Any advice on getting started as an affiliate, or for the transition in general? I am very interested in hearing what others have to say about this, especially if you have gone through a career change yourself.

Sorry to read about your job loss. Depends quite a bit on what you have for a cushion, budget and what your ultimate goals are.. where your skills and talents lie.

For example, I'm a big fan of PPC to test and find markets to expand in to.. with niche sites. If I had to start all over today, that's where i would start.. But one needs at least a small budget, there's a learning curve and it takes different people different time.. depending on a range of factors.

..otherwise, you can start out with affiliate sites (there are a number of different approaches there too) and seek free, organic traffic in a variety of ways.

..or.. lol.. :) there are other paths ...but it sounds like you have a lot of experience as an affiliate manager so you should be further then most people starting out. You might even have a good idea of what makes a good site or campaign - assuming you noted that along the way. ;)

HTH, Good luck!

Hi Chris, so sorry to hear! Have you checked with Chris @ AMWSO, Jamie and the other OPM companies? I assume you've checked the AM job boards at Aff Summit forum and ABW? Have you reached out to Shawn C? He's so well connected he may know of something. You have such a strong background, I'd think you could stay on the AM side and land something soon.

MI
Back