The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Confused with Ips

So i purchase a domain and hosting, both will have different IP addresses right?

I can mask the domain IP using whois guard so there wont be any issue at all..

However, regarding hosting IP, if i get a hosting from a specific provider and on this hosting IP, multiple sites from other random users are hosted then will this cause any affect on my seo??

What other affects does this cause?? (from what i know, if multiple websites are hosted on the same IP, if one site brings too much traffic on the same IP, it will cause lags, slower loading or downtime of other sites.) What else problems can it have?

A host server has an IP address
Server resources on shared hosting are shared with possibly some cap imposed on each account.

If your IP is a 'bad neighborhood' it may affect SEO. Is your domain in a housing project or a nice apartment building? (Analogy)

Whois guard (private registration) masks the registrant's NAME and not the IP of the server.

Cloudflare DNS masks the server's IP and filters the traffic.

I can run my bots right past cloudflare so the service will not protect the content of your site. Cloudflare can prevent ddos attacks.

Last edited:
So i purchase a domain and hosting, both will have different IP addresses right?

I can mask the domain IP using whois guard so there wont be any issue at all..

However, regarding hosting IP, if i get a hosting from a specific provider and on this hosting IP, multiple sites from other random users are hosted then will this cause any affect on my seo??

What other affects does this cause?? (from what i know, if multiple websites are hosted on the same IP, if one site brings too much traffic on the same IP, it will cause lags, slower loading or downtime of other sites.) What else problems can it have?

If you purchase domains and host them separately they will have different IP's
Whois guard protects YOUR information from being seen on tools like whois.domaintools.com like your name, address etc.

Cloudflare DNS masks the server's IP and filters the traffic.

I can run my bots right past cloudflare so the service will not protect the content of your site. Cloudflare can prevent ddos attacks.

You're saying you can run bots right past cloudflare so the service will not protect content of your site and then again cloudflare can prevent ddos attack...confused :( so ultimately, is it okay to use cloudflare or not?

Cloudflare is OK and maybe good for SEO for reason that the IP of the server is hidden.
You MAY have some content protection as my bots are unknowns not the normal spy tool type.

banners
Back