The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Complete Mobile Marketing Newbie Journey - trying to be optimistic

Thanks for dropping by some valuable tips. You are right that scaling up is important and i am quite well aware of that. I wanted to but my AM said not to, as the offer is not going to last long and so it happened on 13th, all the App install offer were paused. For my strategy, its very simple. I don't want too much on my plate while i am on a learning mode. My first motive is to master 1-2 traffic source at a time and move on to the others while scaling if the campaign is going to run for a long time. Also, at the same time i want to master as many niche as i can like app install, Antivirus , sweeptakes , dating etc. It has just been almost 2 months so i think i have more time to take it to next level. :)
What I don't understand is the strategy behind this. Sure you are launching lots of camps etc... But isn't the goal to find the most promosing offers and try to scale/milk them as fast as possible ? I have the impression that you are running in one traffic sources and not making any move towards scaling (which is in my opinion), one of the most important skills to have to succeed in affiliate marketing. Sure you could still do high XXX and even XXXX camps in one of the top geos in PopAds, i.e. Vietnam, Brazil, Thailand etc... but for other countries with less traffic, scaling up to other sources is a must.

Also, I see a very big focus on ROI, rather than profit. At the end of the day profit is what matters, it is better to make 30% ROI at $1000 spend and make 300 profit than to make 200% ROI at $5 spend. From what I see, the App Install offer should be scaled and milked hard as it is the one that looks the best so far.

Hope you will be able to clear up any doubts, I might have.

And of course good job on the green !

waw Nice journey
what traffic source are u using
if u can Post the countries of the Offer with Stats Will Be Good
Good journey keep it up
add more offer make it bigger u are genius

Last edited:
Hey, Awesome progress this far! Been in the game much longer but have not gotten to such great results.

I have a question about app install offers since those you have made profitable multiple times.

Whats your work flow with them? How many offers/landers do you test per campaign? Do you test multiple bids? Whats your average ROI you get from your initial first test?

The thing is, I have tried multiple app DL offers in couple GEOs, the closest I have got to profit, is -30% that on the next day drops to -70% on the same placements.

Some questions about sweeps too, since they are just profitable from the start :D

Whats your bidding strategy for sweeps? Do you choose high bid or low bid? Popads seem to give me very inconsistent results. One day I can have +20% ROI(on 100$ spend) on my best offer+lander combo, the next day its -80% ROI on the same spend.

I know thats a lot of questions, but would be great to hear your strategy of
conquering popads.

Whats your work flow with them? How many offers/landers do you test per campaign? Do you test multiple bids? Whats your average ROI you get from your initial first test?
The thing is, I have tried multiple app DL offers in couple GEOs, the closest I have got to profit, is -30% that on the next day drops to -70% on the same placements.

My work flow is very simple. I try out around 7-8 landers at a time and 3-4 offers in rotation for any country. I set up 2 campaigns(high and avg bid) most of the time for countries with low traffic volume and 3 campaigns(with high, avg and low bids) for countries with good traffic volume. I had +ve ROI couple of times right from the beginning but for the rest it can be like -30% to -80% on average and sometimes -100% when i don't get any conversions for that campaign.

Some questions about sweeps too, since they are just profitable from the start :D
Whats your bidding strategy for sweeps? Do you choose high bid or low bid? Popads seem to give me very inconsistent results. One day I can have +20% ROI(on 100$ spend) on my best offer+lander combo, the next day its -80% ROI on the same spend.
I know thats a lot of questions, but would be great to hear your strategy of
conquering popads.

For sweeps I do apply the same work flow and strategy. Always set multiple campaigns with multiple bids. Pop campaigns is really inconsistent but if your doing well with your optimisation then you can maintain a good ROI on avg. Day to day ROI can vary a lot. Lastly, your angle is the best key to make a very good ROI from your campaigns and keep on testing.

Regarding Popads.. optimise based on your lander and offer and then go for others variables like browser version, os versions etc. You need lots of data, the more your have the better you can optimise. Don't just cut a placement, try to analyze the placement data with respect to other variables to see if you van set some rules to make +ve ROI from that placement. This part might take hell lot of time, to understand and analyze the data but worth it as it can provide good ROI. I won't advise to cut the placement and carrier early in the campaign as it will lower your traffic and would provide you with low amount of data.

Last edited:
Great journey, learned a lot from this. Interesting how you constantly test out new angles for your landers.

I assume you just take the working lander and add stuff to it like country flag, exit/entry pops, carrier logos, etc. Is that right?

Great journey, learned a lot from this. Interesting how you constantly test out new angles for your landers.
Glad its helping others. It's all about testing and optimising.
I assume you just take the working lander and add stuff to it like country flag, exit/entry pops, carrier logos, etc. Is that right?
There is nothing called working unless you test it and pin down the winning lander. If a lander is working in one country then it doesn't mean that it will perform the same in another.
My first approach is always to check on my competitors and view their landers from a user's point of view and to check out what's working in that niche and that country.
I avoid using carrier logos and name as most of the advertiser don't allow that. Apart from that, I test everything.

OK, I didn't find any success with Popads ever.
Well, it takes time to master popads as it has very fine targeting option unlike other pop traffic source. All depends on your optimization skills. When I first started I was always on negative ROI but with time, i was able to master it and optimize my campaigns to positive ROI

;) seems it's made for Masterpieces like you. Newbies like me only spend the money with Zero returns. Well, let me give it another chance with more research.
It's not a zero return at all. When you are learning, you don't loose money, you simply invest it on your learning. Likewise when you start a campaign(you don't even know if you will be profitable or not), You simply spend money to buy data. Once you have enough data, you can understand if you can break even the campaign and make it profitable. If you can't then you simply dump the campaign and move on to next campaign. That's how it is for everyone even for the experienced marketer and I consider myself intermediate marketer and still learning everyday.

For example when I first started this journal I failed. I stopped this journal and moved on to something else and then when I have gathered some experience, I came back and resumed this campaign after 2 years. So you have to be patient and learn from every step you take. ;)

MI
Back