The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Common SEO scams marketers need to know

fancy

affiliate
Selling many links
Buying many backlinks mean that high chances are that such sites spammy. You need to remember that the choice of links should be determined by quality but not quantity. Meaning in order to get that quality a link should have taken enough time to still in progress.
Never specify to you how they acquire their results
Understanding the meaning of SEO itself is a requirement. Most scammy websites don’t know this and if you ask them on how they will help your site be ranked they will just offer you guarantees. You need to avoid such sites SEO ranking is something unpredictable and none can guarantee its quick access.
They offer free SEO trial services
Many entrepreneurs never understand the meaning of free services online. Any service offered on the internet means they must be something in return that would be worthier than the one you offered. A scam site will always offer free trial services but ask for all of your personal data, password and username. Besides that you never expert a free SEO service to provide you with the maximum rankings you require to have for your site.
Thanks a lot hope this is helpful…!!

Good, common sense tips. It's especially important to make sure you have good SEO practices ("white hat") since the new Google ranking system, Penguin, punished black hat techniques heavily. This is a good thing, however many companies have suddenly found their rankings plummeted because their SEO company wasn't as legit as they thought. THe SEO "experts" used black hat and other techniques that are not above ground to great rankings, and thus are now heavily penalized.

I think that all services should be marketed in tiers. I don't think that an SEO company needs to give out exact details before you buy (so they can protect their networks) but they should explain the basics.

Yes, these are all good tips.

I would also do plenty of due diligence on the SEO company. If possible, go a step further than that; only use a company that others whom you know personally and trust have recommended and who have had good results. That's what I have done over the years. If I don't know someone who has had measurable, positive and lasting results with the company, I look elsewhere.

I would consider the price they are charging vs. the services they are offering to determine if they are a scam or not. If someone is offering to get you 10,000 likes a month on Facebook for $19.95 - it's pretty much common sense that those are not real users and won't benefit your site at all. If they say they are going to submit you to several thousand directories, they are probably low quality sites that you don't want to be on anyway.

banners
Back