The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Comment & Bullitin Posting On Myspace

bmckenzie

affiliate
I don't use my affiliate URL in comments but I do put them in the bullitins. There are times when myspace will block my URL in the bullitin and give a few reasons why(spamming,phishing) there are other affiliates on there that post a whole lot more than I do and their URL is active. Is there a secret, or could it be that my link is cloaked?:confused:

Thanks

There is no secret. They told you the reason and accused you of spamming. Because other's have gotten away with it only means they have not been caught yet.

WARNING not only is it against the TOS but MySpace in the past sued several affiliate networks AND affiliates themselves $500 million because their affiliates were posting affiliate links.

I blogged about it here:
Myspace 500 Million Lawsuit Against 20 Ad and Affiliate Networks - 5 Star Affiliate Blogs

So you NEED to be aware when you spam that when it's against a company's TOS (like MySpace or others) the network could can you and EVEN WITHHOLD all your commission if it's also against the network's TOS. You can be certain that if networks are worried about being sued they are adding don't spam MySpace to their TOS and punishing affiliates that break the rules and could cost them MILLIONS!

Break the rules and risk doing all the work and not getting paid!

Market with integrity and everyone wins!

There is no secret. They told you the reason and accused you of spamming. Because other's have gotten away with it only means they have not been caught yet.

WARNING not only is it against the TOS but MySpace in the past sued several affiliate networks AND affiliates themselves $500 million because their affiliates were posting affiliate links.

I blogged about it here:
Myspace 500 Million Lawsuit Against 20 Ad and Affiliate Networks - 5 Star Affiliate Blogs

So you NEED to be aware when you spam that when it's against a company's TOS (like MySpace or others) the network could can you and EVEN WITHHOLD all your commission if it's also against the network's TOS. You can be certain that if networks are worried about being sued they are adding don't spam MySpace to their TOS and punishing affiliates that break the rules and could cost them MILLIONS!

Break the rules and risk doing all the work and not getting paid!

Market with integrity and everyone wins!

While I agree with all this, also keep in mind that MySpace is certainly a viable marketing resource when used properly. Create friendships with people within your niche (you can find them via search), and then allow them to become frequent visitors to your blog, site, etc. and you can post all the affiliate links you want there.

Yes, good point. I was talking purely about putting affiliate links directly on Myspace since he was saying he was posting them there. But MySpace or any site can be a good marketing vehicle if you use it ethically to drive targeted traffic to your site and don't abuse it.

Problem is so many blatant spammers ruin it for the honest marketers which makes it harder on everyone.

MI
Back