The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Combining Wordpress+Woocommerce with an Affiliate network?

Neoseo

affiliate
Hi,

I've built a website to sell my digital products using wordpress (landing page)+woocommerce (payment system + download management). I'm now thinking about joining an affiliate network such as clickbank but it seems like I necessarily have to use their proprietary order form ("ClickBank order form" - I guess that's how they track sales), is that correct?

If so, how do people with existing businesses based on wordpress and woocommerce adapt them to work with affiliate networks? I have many plugins for wordpress/woocomerce that help me manage my business and my customers and it seems like I would have to stop using them if I want to join a network? Am I missing something?

Or do I need to run both systems in parallel? Having two landing pages and two payment systems (check out forms) on the same website? It seems very cumbersome

Thanks

After some additional research, it seems like not all affiliate networks require to use their own payment system / checkout page. It seems like ShareASale for instance, can track sales with hidden code put in the sale confirmation page of woocommerce, which means I can keep my wordpress + woocommerce setup and don't have to go through proprietary payment systems. Is my understanding correct? Would appreciate if someone who tried both networks can give more color!
Thanks a lot

I'm now thinking about joining an affiliate network such as clickbank but it seems like I necessarily have to use their proprietary order form ("ClickBank order form" - I guess that's how they track sales), is that correct?

Yes, I don't know how else you could do it. They are the bridge between you and the vendor, handle the order and payment process, as well as keep track of your clicks and sales. ClickBank pays you.

Well, yes, but in this case, I am the vendor. And what I'm trying to achieve is for my customers (that came here via an affiliate link) not to leave the website when processing payment (because payment unlocks download in woocommerce). It seems like it is feasible with ShareASale for example, just wondering if there is a way around it for CLickbank.

Thanks

1. Develop a script for the download so it will only accept a postback from the clickbank payment domain.
  2. Send the buyer a onetime download link by email use a one time expiring token.

MI
Back