The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Close Call/Near Miss with YT Account

azgold

Administrator
Administrator
Dojo Master
After much searching, reading, checking the license to ensure it really was public domain creative commons, free use even commercially, I downloaded a movie that I had promised my readers. Added one frame at the front; one at the end. Uploaded to YT.

I'd been working several hours on various stuff, was tired, frustrated, hungry and a little cranky. I recognized it was time stop. Just as I was closing everything up, I noticed ads appearing on my video. Although I am eligible for monetization, I intentionally do not do this, as I want to give my viewers an ad-free experience. So, it immediately raised a flag and I went looking for the answer.

Well, I didn't like what I found. Seven copyright claims against my video. All for ridiculous sounding stuff, had no clue what any of them were or how they could possibly have claim to this public domain movie. I was pissed off and immediately hit the dispute button.

Went outside for a bit to decompress. Then started to panic because in the dim recesses of my mind there played the warning by YT to be very, very careful about lodging a dispute because if I was wrong, they could terminate my account. I'd gone into knee-jerk reactionary mode and was regretting not taking some time before responding.

That was yesterday evening. I spent an anxiety-filled rest of the night and early morning today. Needlessly, as it turns out.

This morning, by 7:00 a.m., I had 4 emails from YT:

"Good news! Your dispute wasn't reviewed within 30 days, so the copyright claim on your YouTube video has now been released"

It had been about 12 hours since the video was uploaded. :)

Still three more claims to hear back about but I feel a little easier about things.

Can someone please explain to me how this happens? Does some bot look for some little thing in the video and automatically file a claim? Hoping that the channel owner does nothing out of fear and they get to ride on their coattails, using someone else to make their ad money?

You are right YouTube bot automatically analyze your content and if they find anything match to the content they will claim your videos. If you are using slideshow videos then you can use royalty free music. You'll find several music sites to download it. I have faced this problem before. I usually remove sounds by using YouTube video editors and add new royalty free music from YouTube database.

You are right YouTube bot automatically analyze your content and if they find anything match to the content they will claim your videos. If you are using slideshow videos then you can use royalty free music. You'll find several music sites to download it. I have faced this problem before. I usually remove sounds by using YouTube video editors and add new royalty free music from YouTube database.

Thanks, @Super Marketer !

I make most of my own slideshow vids but this one was a public domain movie with full rights.

So far, 6 of the 7 claims have been released. One more to go. I can't wait to get their ads off my vid!

MI
Back