The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Choosing the best keywords

MarkStrobel3367

affiliate
I have a few seo questions pertaining to keywords:

1. Does anyone know of a tool that I could use that could help me determine or recommend the best keywords I should use?
2. Should I add keywords to the title of each page? If so, how many keywords or characters should I use?
3. I already have metatags on each webpage. However, I have come across many sites that include keyword tags at the bottom of each page. Does this offer any seo benefits and should I consider adding tags on my pages?

Thanks.

Most use the Google Adwords keyword tool.

So plug in your root keyword to find the most popular versions of it. For instance if your article is about dog training, plug that in and see what related keywords get lots of searches.

Then keep in mind keywords in title tag need to reflect what the page is about and everything should tie together. So the KW the page is about should be in title tag, description and in the H1 of the page and a couple times in body. NATURALLY. Don't keyword stuff or you can be penalized by Google.

I think with keywords it is important to make sure that you do not choose ones that are too competitive yet still relate to your product/service. Google analytics helps by breaking down keywords into competitiveness and searchers per month/week but there is also great software available such as Market Samurai which will offer you a more scientific approach.

What I basically do is use Adwords KW tool because it is the most relevant, since the idea is targeting Google traffic.
I also aim keywords that would send me something like 30 or 40 visitors, per day, assuming that when you hit the top of the first page of SERPS for any query, you would get more or less 40% of the number of searches.
To make a long story short, aim for KW that are searched (3000 to 8000) per month.
There is less competition therefore reaching the top rankings of page of G are not really a big deal!

What is your website? Can you share the link (with no link of course).
Everyone here is right but only in certain situation. So let's just see first the site and after this to give the feedback?

Does anyone know of a tool that I could use that could help me determine or recommend the best keywords I should use?

I don't think that any tool can choose best keywords for you website .
Just use google adwords keyword tool to choose best keywords , and the promote that keywords .

Choosing the best keywords is essential for your SEO strategy. Your efforts may be made redundant and your Google rankings will not improve because the competition will be too high for you to be able to compete, especially if you are an SME or an individual.

MI
Back