The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Choosing a domain name

S

SkinnerW

Here is my check list when registering domain name for a new site...

1. Check if main keyword is available.
It may include combinations with dashes or numbers...

2. Must be easy to pronounce.

3. As short as possible to avoid misspellings when typed in directly.

4. Choose one of the main TLD's: .com .net or .info. In some cases may be .org.
Always check other TLD's if they are registered. If there is a solid website registered with .com or .net extension I would avoid using the same name - you may loose customers to them...

5. If no short keyword related names are available - choose something neutral, easy to remember and easy brandable.

So that's my main criteria... What is yours?

It is a very complex question, but try to summarize how i think about it. The domain name depends of my business wish. I promised myself that if i will create my next hobby site i would use a very easy to remember and brandable name using this tool. If i expect money from the website the fast seo success is much more important, so need to hunt up a keyword rich domain:D

Interesting tool especially for neutral names.

May use it some day... Thanks

I have actually banned myself from registering any new domain names. I think I have over 200 domain name at presents, I am giving some away, selling some so I definately do not want more domain names :(

I have actually banned myself from registering any new domain names. I think I have over 200 domain name at presents, I am giving some away, selling some so I definately do not want more domain names :(

You and Piet seem to have the same habits :D He registered lots of domain names, they were really difficult to manage. I only keep a few domain names, I only purchase a domain name if I plan to develop it, I've never been much of a "domainer".

- Meti

And I thank and blame you and Peit for helping me increase my domain collection by one more: phplbs.com :)

Now, I generally go for "keyword + descriptive word". I am in the process of making a website on old games and managed to snag retro garden. It sums up perfectly what I'm after :)

And this brings us to an Off-Topic request Temi...how about
having a contest of some sort, and offer one of your domains
as the prize?

Ok, back on topic. I generally will use my main keyword the site's
themed around in the domain name. And if that is taken, then I
simply add the sites initials - such as: accessiblewebdesign-fsn.com.

Let me know if you have any more "giveaways" - I'd sure appreciate it :yahoo:
I have like 20 sub-domains that deserve their own roots!

I do research on google first for expired domain names. then i go register them or i write them on paper for later registration.

I am just starting in this "domain" business thing. Got myself a few names, but seems want to throw some away already! :wallbash:

Could use a few tips from the seniors here, definitely!

I am just starting in this "domain" business thing. Got myself a few names, but seems want to throw some away already! :wallbash:

Could use a few tips from the seniors here, definitely!

Want a tip? Don't register many, trust me, there's no chance you can develop them all. I've managed to cut them down to a very small number of domains, and am avoiding further domain registrations as all my current domain names are very nice, in my opinion.

Meti

Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

I got around 15 names, and I can hardly finish developing the 3rd one ...

MI
Back