The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Cheapest domain?

The cheapest domains are free but I wouldn't use them. I don't think you can get cheaper than $.88.

Domains are cheap. You can get some non-.com domains for next to nothing. $.88 is probably the cheapest. When you renew that same domain the price will probably be higher, but if you aren't doing SEO you can just let it expire and get a new one. ;)

The cheapest one is on namecheap, sometimes you can get for free in another site but it will cost your personal data and you might get it for free.

Why is cheap good?
Are you branding or just need a domain with no branding or SEO intentions?

Like a basic domain for a server with a landing page?

NameSilo is good for either ;)

@Firebreathz it depends what are you planning to do with your domain. Please send me a PM I can offer you a great domain extension if you are in the webcamming or adult industry

NameSilo
NameCheap
Dynadot

All have free whois privacy, too.

I wanted to clarify that all of the above registrars I mentioned are ICANN accredited, which is important.

I also want to point out that you should not look at just initial prices. Look at the renewal price, too. For instance, a .CC domain from namecheap right now is only $5.99, but their renewal rate is higher than Namsilo. So to maximize your savings, you could buy it from Namecheap now, then before it expires next year, transfer it over to NameSilo.

For anyone looking into Namesilo, the coupon code TRYNS1OFF will get you a dollar of you order. That's supposedly good until 2021 and should work on even domains that are discounted. This is only good for new accounts, one time. NameSilo does not generally have coupons for existing customers due to their prices being so low. Right now, .COMs are only $6.99 for the first year so with that coupon it should be $5.99. Not too shabby.

Godaddy has .com for $2.99 for the first year, but I believe the catch is you have to register it for 2 years. The second year is $17.99 OUCH! And you have to pay extra for things like Whois privacy.

Point is, shop around and make sure you look at the renewal rates.

Last edited:
That is an important thing to look at.
If you are 'domain tasting' to see if you can do something with a name you may be stuck with a 2nd year registration to move that domain later.

Maybe I am misunderstanding you but...

You are never locked-in to or "stuck" with a particular registrar. If you register a domain at, say, Godaddy, for 3 years and 2 years later you decide you hate godaddy (very easy to do lol) and you want to move, you can move to any other domain registrar. When you move to another registrar, you still have that remaining 1 year plus the additional year you paid for during the transfer. So to make it more clear....

- You register at godaddy for 3 years
- 2 years later you move to namecheap (you have 1 year left on your registration at this point).
- namecheap account will show you now have 2 years left before you have to renew - 1 year from when you registered at Godaddy and 1 year that you paid for when you transferred to Namecheap.

Point is, you don't lose years when you transfer nor are you locked in with a particular registrar for a registration period.

Although, I will say this, not all registrars comply with rules set forth by the powers that be and use evil tactics to get you to not transfer away from them.

This is why I recommend Namesilo, Namecheap and Dynadot. They are highly reputable, ICANN accredit registrars who have the best prices overall & do not play the silly games. They don't care if you want to transfer away from them and they follow the rules set forth by ICANN. Transferring is your right and prerogative.

And I always suggest to people that they do their diligence when registering domain names and I ALWAYS ADVOCATE NEVER REGISTERING A DOMAIN WITH A WEB HOSTING COMPANY. Hosting companies have been known to hold domains hostage if you cancel your hosting account with them. But they can't do this if you registered the domain elsewhere since they have no control over the domain. Hosting companies lure you in to registering a domain with them by giving you a "free domain" with a hosting account. DON'T FALL FOR IT. Just register a domain with a reputable registrar and forego the "free domain". Nothing is truly free and $10/yr for peace of mind is cheap. Not all hosts do this, but some do. In the end, it's just not worth it a "free domain".

I also want to point out that you should not look at just initial prices. Look at the renewal price, too. For instance, a .CC domain from namecheap right now is only $5.99, but their renewal rate is higher than Namsilo. So to maximize your savings, you could buy it from Namecheap now, then before it expires next year, transfer it over to NameSilo.

That is an important thing to look at.
If you are 'domain tasting' to see if you can do something with a name you may be stuck with a 2nd year registration to move that domain later.

Actually, if a name is successful, and making any real money, I am not worried about spending a few more dollars when renewing.

It's different when trading domain names or managing domain name portfolios for resale ...

I buy domains to be developed. I really dont't care about a few dollars registration costs per year because I am only holding less that 50 domain names usually -- most purchases intended for future development.

If you are worried about a few dollars -- you are either;
  1. managing a large portfolio of domain names toward resale; or,
  2. don't have 2 nickles to rub together.

I agree; only to use a reputable registrar and never use any web hosting company -- host servers can have a short life sometimes.

If you can't afford to register a domain name (or are worried about saving $10) -- don't quit your day job :p

I would vouch for namesilo as well. I was skeptical a bit, cause it's cheaper than anywhere in average, and that's the only thing they do, but after some thoughts bought a few and constantly go there. There are discounts as well. As well as in NameCheap sometimes.

banners
Back