The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

ChatGPT Laws and Regulations

Graybeard

AI, how do you plea?

Using prompts from the article:

Prompt: Representative Ted Lieu, a Democrat on the House of Representatives Science Committee, said in a recent opinion piece in the New York Times that he was excited about AI and the "incredible ways it will continue to advance society,"

AI say: but he also sounded a note of caution. I agree with Representative Ted Lieu that we should be excited about the potential of AI, but we should also be cautious. As he points out, AI has the potential to do a lot of good for society, but it also has the potential to do a lot of harm.

For example, AI can be used to help us make better decisions by providing us with more and better information. AI can also be used to automate repetitive tasks and to make predictions about the future. However, AI can also be used to manipulate and control people.

For example, AI can be used to track people's online behavior and to target them with personalized ads.

AI can also be used to monitor people's health and to predict when they are likely to get sick. AI is a powerful tool, and it is important that we use it wisely. We need to be careful about how we use AI, and we need to make sure that we use it for the benefit of all people, not just a few.

Prompt: Lieu introduced a resolution written by ChatGPT that said Congress should focus on AI "to ensure that the development and deployment of AI is done in a way that is safe, ethical, and respects the rights and privacy of all Americans, and that the benefits of AI are widely distributed and the risks are minimized."

AI say: The resolution also said that the government should invest in research and development of AI, support workforce training and education in AI-related fields, and establish policies to ensure that the development of AI is done in a way that is safe, ethical, and respects the rights and privacy of all Americans. The resolution was passed unanimously.

The use of artificial intelligence is growing at an exponential rate with new applications and devices being released every day. While the potential benefits of AI are tremendous, it is important that the development and deployment of AI is done in a way that is safe, ethical, and respects the rights and privacy of all Americans.

The government has a crucial role to play in ensuring that AI is developed responsibly. The government should invest in research and development of AI, support workforce training and education in AI-related fields, and establish policies to ensure that the development of AI is done in a way that is safe, ethical, and respects the rights and privacy of all Americans. Bypassing these important steps could lead to disastrous consequences.

For example, if data from Americans is mishandled or used without consent, it could lead to a loss of trust in the technology. Moreover, if AI is not developed with safety in mind, it could pose a serious threat to public safety. It is crucial that Congress takes action to ensure that the development and deployment of AI is done responsibly. The resolution passed unanimously by the House.

Alarm!!! "The resolution passed unanimously by the House." non factual! The resolution was only introduced.

From the Article: Lieu introduced a resolution written by ChatGPT that said Congress should focus on AI "to ensure that the development and deployment of AI is done in a way that is safe, ethical, and respects the rights and privacy of all Americans, and that the benefits of AI are widely distributed and the risks are minimized."

I omitted that information and the AI fabricated a *reasonable* statement of what the AI saw as a desirable conclusion?

Another issue
: Repetitive For example,For example,For example,

Prompt: "While Senator Wyden believes AI has tremendous potential to speed up innovation and research, he is laser-focused on ensuring automated systems don't automate *I added embellishment to rewrite' biases and civil rights' discrimination in the process,"

AI say: The potential for artificial intelligence (AI) to transform how we live and work is truly amazing. It has the potential to speed up innovation and research, and make our lives easier in so many ways. However, it is also important to ensure that automated systems don't automate biases and civil rights discrimination in the process. Senator Wyden is laser-focused on making sure that AI is developed and used responsibly, so that everyone can benefit from its amazing potential.

***Now AI goes off the reservation and attempts a *no mia culpa* denial of facts and issues.

Prompt
: The potential for artificial intelligence (AI) to transform how we live and work is truly amazing. It has the potential to speed up innovation and research, and make our lives easier in so many ways. However, it is also important to ensure that automated systems don't automate biases and civil rights discrimination in the process. Senator Wyden is laser-focused on making sure that AI is developed and used responsibly, so that everyone can benefit from its amazing potential.

AI say: The Narrative Science and Quill software programs can help organizations automate the production of routine reports by using artificial intelligence algorithms to scour data for trends and write articles about them. The use of AI to help automate the production of routine reports can be seen as a way to help reduce the workload of journalists. For example, if a journalist is tasked with writing a report on the sales of a particular product, they can use Quill to search through relevant data sets to find trends and write an article about them. This can free up the journalist's time to focus on more important tasks, such as investigative journalism. While the use of AI to write routine reports can be seen as a positive development, there are some potential drawbacks. For instance, if the algorithm is not configured correctly, it may miss important data points or misinterpret data. This could lead to the production of inaccurate or biased reports. Additionally, some people may view the automation of reports as a threat to jobs, as it could lead to fewer opportunities for human journalists. Overall, the use of AI to write routine reports can be seen as a helpful development that can reduce the workload of journalists and help organizations to produce accurate and unbiased reports. However, there are some potential drawbacks that should be considered before implementing such a system.

Good and bad --there you have it ;)

Humans will need to fact-check AI replies. But how is that really different from the rantings that we see in social media and the manipulation of the media to its political ends? Nada.

Bullshit is bullshit. Deciphering what is truth and what is fabricated fallacy has not really changed.

Only the players at the table have changed.

Fact-checking has never been people's strong suit. (I'm talking about the majority of people sharing, re-sharing, and commenting all over the Internet)

The Genie is out of the bottle. But this Genie may become a front-line decision maker.
Asimovs-Three-Laws-of-Robotics.jpeg

>>>"A New York Times opinion piece argues people in the AI industry "are desperate to be regulated, even if it slows them down. In fact, especially if it slows them down." But how? What they tell me is obvious to anyone watching. Competition is forcing them to go too fast and cut too many corners. This technology is too important to be left to a race between Microsoft, Google, Meta and a few other firms. But no one company can slow down to a safe pace without risking irrelevancy. That's where the government comes in — or so they hope... [A]fter talking to a lot of people working on these problems and reading through a lot of policy papers imagining solutions, there are a few categories I'd prioritize ..."<<<
  • But when do misrepresentations offered as 'truths' or deep fake images offered as 'proof' go over the line?
  • What constitutes 'harm' by an AI (robot)?
  • Misleading has always been a dark side function of media and politics historically.
  • Is AI just enabling the common people to be able to do the same and level the game?
  • Is it a meme on social media, a satire or a misleading image or video?
  • Well, I question all I see however many don't ...

Italy has banned the use of ChatAI
An over-reaction over privacy concerns perhaps.

Chat GPT and AI in general is neither evil or benevolent. Humans are the problem.
We humans are a pretty fucked up genre in general.
Some humans will manipulate AI so they can manipulate other humans more effectively.

It's conceivable, as AI develops better reasoning power, AI may conclude much of the human race should be eliminated. Maybe that is the end result of AGI being achieved?

The 4 horsemen may not arrive on horses :p

Good job pointing out the risk of using AI (or ChatGPT specifically). AI had me until you sounded the alarm bells. Anyone interested Asimov's Laws and the difficult discissions it raises on AI should watch the movie "I, Robot'. AI is "just' a tool, but I think it is a very powerful one.

So long and thanks for all the fish, ehh... posts ;)

AI may conclude much of the human race should be eliminated.
Hence my concern. I've seen that movie. Bad people doing bad things to control others. Don't think that's in the very near future but who really knows. Meanwhile, baby steps to perfection.

Best Wishes Good Luck GIF by Studios 2016

When you narrow it down completely AI is just a set of ordered/structured numbers (175 billion for GPT-3). A tool like any other that can be used for good or bad. A computational (statistical) model giving output based on input.

We need to get used to that such a tool exists. Earlier, we could assume that when we saw a picture or video it would be real. Nowadays, with deep fakes, we need to check this just like we would check written texts. There are algorithms that can help us with that.

As long as we don't give AI any "real world power" the movie won't become true. However, we don't always seem to picky about who we give power to, there are plenty of examples of stupid people having power. Giving smart AI power might not seem that bad at first, but I don't know who to trust more AI or stupid people.

I think we definitely need laws and regulations to define how we are allowed to use AI and how we can develop it further in a responsible way.

I wonder what sort of world we would live in for the US Security Council was replaced with an advance AGI AI?

1. The answer is 42
  2. All meatbags must die --this is logical
elon-red-clown-suit.jpeg

Last edited:
I wonder what sort of world we would live in for the US Security Council was replaced with an advance AGI AI?

1. The answer is 42
  2. All meatbags must die --this is logical
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry but what an amusing thought that a country's top security would be placed in the hands of AI.

We need to get used to that such a tool exists.
Yeah, the future is here, I suppose. I'm still working on my 'trust' issues with it.

there are plenty of examples of stupid people having power.
:rofl That is so true! :rofl

Well right now the UN is a bunch of clowns on the Bozo Bus if you ask me ...
Funny you should mention that. About an hour ago, I was reading the Druthers (that goes to page 4, article is a little ways down). A copy mysteriously shows up in mailboxes in our little town a few times a year.

Anyway, there was an article (plea, really) asking folks to go sign the petition to have Canada exit the UN and the WHO. Apparently, we need 100,000 signatures.

Take that AI! :rofl

Edit: And take that Jeff Bazos. Forget to include him.

Last edited:
banners
Back