The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Change to micro niche?

kylabarton

affiliate
I am getting really overwhelmed. The niche I chose was health and fitness but I am having trouble just making decisions on what the purpose of my site should be. Would it be a better idea to stick to strictly crossfit or kettlebells? I would still be able to market supplements and everything right?

I am just usually better when I am either working directly with someone who I can talk to on a regular basis or have a type of workbook so I know I am going in the right direction. I feel really stuck and I keep doing research and Im finding a million ways to do the same thing. Can anyone help me I'm really overwhelmed

I think the best advice anyone can give you is start small and relatively narrow-focused and gradually build from there. Don't try to encompass the big picture all at once - start with smaller pieces or chunks and gradually add to them.

What you are looking to get involved with such as health and fitness is a huge area with lots of competition. I know it can be confusing but try not to get overwhelmed.

You have to keep focused on one particular part of your niche. If it is kettleballs keep to that first, that is a sub niche so you are not going directly within the whole fitness industry.

You have to do research to see what your competition is. Sounds to me this might be a good idea and as you build your business up you can offer what you said such as supplements that will enhance their workouts. There are many ways to implement this particular area.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the help! Now I am currently working with my site developer to have my site geared more towards crossfit. I think that will help me a little because now I know I'll have something to update everyday with the WOD's. I also really like crossfit and have done it a lot and would like to get more into it. So hopefully it will be a win win :)

I definitely prefer micro-niche and would reccommend giving it a go. A subject like health is just so broad and competitive that it's going to be a near impossible job ranking and getting traffic for a keyword like "health".

Something like "stomache reduction exercises" on the other hand... ;)

I would go along with a micro-niche as well, and I would probably choose the fitness side of the whole health business

I think setting higher goals is much better. You main theme should be health, but you can split your website in more sections and target more "micro-niches" at once.

I prefer micro niche. It all depends on wether you want to be a small fish in a big post or vice versa. But when starting off it's always better to take a swim in the smaller ponds.

I am doing health and fitness as well, I am starting off not thinking about what to sell, its more important that I start small and learn the ropes of affiliate marketing first, than when I have a decent amount of traffic than I can worry about what to sell. Give a lot of great information that can help people out. I am starting with double opt in and selling ebooks btw.

Hope this helps.

banners
Back