The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Can You Place Adsense Below Your Post Titles?

D

djbaxter

by Court, The KeyWord Academy
February 21st, 2009

Lately a lot of people have been asking me about placing Adsense ads below the titles of posts because it’s something Google has partially discouraged as of late...

Google’s official position on this is that it can’t be done in a way that misleads visitors and encourages them to click...

The honest truth here is that you have to look at each of your titles to determine whether a person could be misled or not. If you’re getting crazy high click-through rates you’re probably misleading. It’s highly unlikely that 15% of people should be clicking your ads.

...more

Last edited by a moderator:
Google said to not mislead your viewers. And also said that you should blend you ads on your contents which is the exact reciprocal.

I say, it is ok to place it there as I have done it and it works fine. No Google warnings though.

It's not contradictory at all, really: If you blend ads with other page content, it's more likely that visitors will actually see the ads. But you cannot overdo that to the point where it's no longer clear to visitors that it's an ad.

Does it mean like this one?

Google said to not mislead your viewers. And also said that you should blend you ads on your contents which is the exact reciprocal.

I say, it is ok to place it there as I have done it and it works fine. No Google warnings though.

And i also did this for almost 2 years and google didn't warned me about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may or may not get a warning from AdSense depending on the violation. And the fact that they haven't noticed in two years doesn't mean they're OK with it. If there's any doubt at all, email AdSense and ask.

Once you've lost your AdSense account, it's gone forever. Think about that before you gamble with the ToS.

Playing by the rules can always give you the credibility and will give you good results. I saw lots of blogs and sites that don't even blend their ads on the colors of the site but got favorable CTR because of it. Google can't go all through all those millions of sites and see the formats and Google bots can't see colors.

As they always say, Google wants to have a great result to their readers/surfers. Abiding by the rules like having their contents on the page other that just ads can let you play under the radar together with having a privacy policy page will give you enough credibility.

You may or may not get a warning from AdSense depending on the violation. And the fact that they haven't noticed in two years doesn't mean they're OK with it. If there's any doubt at all, email AdSense and ask.

Once you've lost your AdSense account, it's gone forever. Think about that before you gamble with the ToS.

I think it's legal if we used this technique, to put the adsense ads below the title. As you see this google adsense heat map, there's a certain slot there in which adsense ads will be displayed (I'm talking in below the post, the red one in heat map 1). And besides, I've also seen lots of sites out there uses this technique.

I think it's legal if we used this technique, to put the adsense ads below the title. As you see this google adsense heat map, there's a certain slot there in which adsense ads will be displayed (I'm talking in below the post, the red one in heat map 1). And besides, I've also seen lots of sites out there uses this technique.

There are lots of placements that can be used. I saw that as effective because people can quickly see those ads and think of it as a portal to another page of you site.

There are lots of uses that effectively let people click. As long as you don't click your own ads, don't beg other people to click on your ads literally, don't place "click here" on the page pointing to your ads. Just abide by the rules and you'll be fine.

In addition, don't tweak something inside your ad code. Google will certainly ban you if you do some tweaking on it.

banners
Back