The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Can You Help Me Choose A Domain?

Thinking of a better conclusion?
Here's Mine; Use both domain names by taking buycars.com as the main site and redirect buy.cars back to the buycars.com
I like to acquire the pair like that when I can.
actually redirect the opposite way buycars.com to buy.cars
That's a bad example for a trademark filing. buytrucks can siphon off some of your trademark branding without any legal recourse.

• It's exact match phrase
  • Keywords are separated with period (.)
That doesn't really work The 'string' commonly called the .extension *according to Google
The short answer is –

Domain name extensions have little or no effect on search rankings in Google and other search engines. If you are concerned about local search results, then country specific domain names have some edge but at the end of the day, the domain name extension is not something you have to worry about for better search rankings. Apart from the domain anme extension or TLD, the keyword used in the domain name also has no effect on search rankings.

Google (and other search engines) treat all TLD’s equally. So if you have a domain which ends with a .com, that does not automatically give you an edge in search rankings over a domain with a less popular TLD (.info for example).
Does Domain Name Extension or TLD Affect SEO?
this concurs: Keywords in generic top-level domains won’t help you rank better

I like the name for the branding value for return visit type-ins --buy.cars is easily remembered.
That name is not trademark infringement as 'buy' and 'cars' are dictionary words.
That's why I said if you can register BOTH that would be best (buycars.com + buy.cars).

That is not the extension like searchengine.seo (if there was such a gTLD) what comes right of the dot has not counted (so far). This makes buy.car not valuable for SEO as a EMD name (Exact Match Domain).
If you want to prove it either way;
  • just type in keywords with keyword + keyword *like*the gTLD extension
  • then check the first 10 results for that keyword in the domain extension.

buy cars ->see buy.cars?
lemon cars->see lemon.cars?
blue cars->see etc.cars?
cheap cars
best cars
electric cars
etc.​

Use google search manually or a google search scraper

If you don't have the trademark
A UDRP proceeding is not as easy as just filing a form. In a UDRP proceeding, the complainant must first prove that the following three elements are present:
  1. Domain name is identical or confusingly similar to a trademark or service mark in which the complainant has rights;
  2. The opposing party has no rights or legitimate interests in respect of the domain name; and
  3. The domain name has been registered and is being used in bad faith.
There is a loophole that when a domain name is sold the trademark, if filed before the sale, becomes superior to the registration --there was such a case in the past --real crap shoot but it would make the name a high risk purchase.

banners
Back