The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Can Traffic alone bring you good SERPs

Hi every one
Can any body tell me that traffic alone bring you good SERPs?

Definitely NO.. Traffic will not help your site increase its SERP. It's the SERP that will help your site increase its traffic.

If your site has higher keyword ranking in serp (for a competitive keyword), or it's listed in the first page in google search results, your site may get higher traffic because it is visible and accessible to your visitors or potential customers. There's a higher percentage that your site might be clicked and visited by most visitors that are searching for a particular keyword or keyphrase.

I disagree with some of the previous posters statements. Click thru rates from SERPs and the number of requests for a domain do affect its SERPs positions. Therefore large amounts of traffic to a website will increase its strength. I know this through reading about the google algorithm although the information I read could possibly be incorrect.

If the CTR from SERPs is unusually high the page will be dropped down Google SERPs so be careful. I know this is fact through practical tests I have carried out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traffic do not increase ranking

It is vice versa my friend. Seo bring traffic to your site, traffic do not help in increasing rank of your website.

You are mistaken I'm afraid. It works both ways. Of course high SERPs positions will increase visits and that is the aim of optimisation.

But, as I stated in my previous post and it's clear I must reiterate for some readers, that click through rates from SERPs affects position. And, as I previously stated, the number of searches for the domain is a factor in it's domain strength.

So, if people are searching for yourdomain.com then that will increase the strength of that domain and is a factor in its SERPs position.

The answer is a big NO.
Live examples:
1: google: google is a major search engine but not optimized for keyword "search engine" so it rank on 3rd page for keyword "search engine" in google itself.
2: digg: a major social bookmarking site which do not rank in top 100 with the keyword "social bookmarking" but the alexa rank is 293 whereas faves which is also a social bookmarking site ranks top 50, just because it is optimized for the keyword and digg has not.

there are hundreds of such sites which have a good alexa rank but when it comes to SERP they do not visible. The SERP only matters when you talk about KEYWORDS, if you do not talk about keywords and want to build a brand (as google, digg, microsoft etc. built) you will never think about SERP.
SEE these websites:
Keyword used "web design" without quote in google.com
Website SERP Alexa
webdesign.org 1 14,588
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_design 2 8
webdesign.about.com 3 81
webdesigners-directory.com 4 82,186

Traffic rank of wikipedia is 8 means and webdesign.org is 14,588 means wikipedia has more visits than webdesign but ranks below webdesign.org

So, finally we can conclude that traffic rank and SERP have no relations at all.
Traffic rank is improved without optimizing website but SERP can not be improved without optimization.

Regards
John

Note however, Alexa rank is only for top domains, and not sub-pages, according to their own FAQ. The mentioned Article at Wikipedia is likely to have far less visitors.

I would also say that even though PageRank might include visitor count as one of its variables, the only place i have seen this mentioned is on wikipedia, google doesn't seam to talk about it.

And then again, it wouldn't be that important to us, because we cant directly change how many visitors our pages get.

Also consider the possibility that someone with a large enough computer/zombie army, or proxy army would be able to abuse this, by boosting the PageRank of any website with less to no effort, that's not something i have heard about happening yet.

So i find it unlikely that it has much to say in the process of calculating PageRank.

Last edited:
MI
Back