The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Can those with lesser funds to begin with also make money on affiliate marketing?

peace800

affiliate
Hi

Can people really make money with affilaite marketing or is it really for those who know the game inside out and with good money to begin with that can really make money whereas everyone else can just get some pocket money here and there from this?

Also are websites better than blogs to generate income from this?

Hey Peace and welcome. Why not introduce yourself in the appropriate section so all can say "Hi"...now...yes, people can make good money from affiliate marketing without having a hefty start-up cost. If you are new to AM, then you have a lot of reading and researching to do and I would start with all the stickies on this forum. Obviously, the more you know, the more you can make. You just have to know what you are doing and you can only find out by diving into this industry head first. That's the beauty of this business, you can start with almost nothing and make a great living after a while if you work out what you want to do and how you think you want to get there. The rest of the stuff in between is the fun part as you explore your passions and how best to get them online.

As for a website or blog...I always do both with the blog complementing the website. As you begin to see the tools and resources available to you, drop us a question or two about what you want to accomplish and the friendly folks here will guide you towards the right path.

Take care and all the best.

You can host a website now for as little as $9.99 a year. So that really shouldn't be a big problem, plus a unique website with a good name goes a long way. Now there are a lot of ways of free advertisement that can complement your website including blogs, youtube, and many more. So, YES for a little to start with, it can work.

Thank you so much for the kind welcome tips. Greatly appreciated. I will introduce myelf in that section.

I have been very impressed with this forum.

I have been thinking about doing a specific travel destination site and having affiliate links on there (i.e. holiday companies, hotels etc) and was wondering if this is worth going in to or are there too many drawbacks?

Hi peace...the only drawback is NOT doing it. I think the idea is a great one and if it's a specific destination then it could be that much more...especially if it's a locale that you have experienced and/or fallen in love with. Best of luck and let us know how it develops if you decide to do it. Take care.

I started with only hosting fees, 10 bucks a month for unlimited domains on Hostgator.

Most everything I have done was with 0 start up! I have invested very little to get a fat return!!!

You definitely can do it with no money up front, not even for hosting fees or anything, but it may take a bit longer. Quite simply, start a free blog someplace like Blogger where you can throw up some Google AdSense ads. If you can write compelling blog posts that bring visitors in, a few clicks here and a few clicks there on your AdSense ads will bring you a few dollars. It might take a few weeks (or more likely, months), but once you get your first payment from Google, you'll have enough to get your own $10/year domain name and, depending on how well you do, perhaps some inexpensive hosting. From there, you can expand on what you offer on your site and grow your business.

That's just one way to start with zero money up front, and like I said, it can be a pretty slow method, especially if you're not much of a writer ;)

Nicely said Daniel. The trick to all this though is to just dive in and start something. Much like a lot of things in life, the start of something is filled with doubt and uncertainty. But diving into a project, with a little planning of course, can start the ball rolling and provide incentive to the beginner. Every successful entrepreneur/infopreneur started from the beginning of something so that in itself should be motivation enough to sign up for a free blogpost account and start your online empire...:) Thanks again Daniel.

You can definitely still earn from affiliate marketing even if you do not wish to throw any funds in but of coz the process may take a little more time and effort. Some tactics you may wish to consider:

1) Articles Submission
Write some real good articles about your selected niche and affiliate product(s) and submit them to as many article directories as you can. However, do not appear to be spamming your affiliate link because it can get you banned. Just leave a nice comfortable link in your resource box.

2) Video Marketing
Make a video of your affiliate products and submit to the various video directories. Eg. Youtube, Metacafe

3) Free Traffic Exchanges
These are good ways to drive immediately traffic to your affiliate links but it takes a long time to make a sale from this because most of them are probably only surfing for traffic credits.

Hope this helps.. ;)

Large amount of funds is not critical if you learn other forms of affiliate marketing. In addition to Peiprofit's suggestions, you can also get traffic from social networking.

I actually started out with a free host and a simple landing page made with their free website builder, then posting in forums. I later realized a domain was essential and got one. I then made my first website using wordpress which is also free.

There are so many free resources to learn around the internet and this forum is perhaps one of the best I have come across as all the tips and info are given with a sincere intention to help.

I wouldn't say you need big money to start. And yes, you can make money with affiliate marketing. Just do it on the side until real revenue comes in that way you are not relying on it.

also, if you don't have a lot of funds you can start out wit a free hosted website, or a free blog.

banners
Back